Wouxun 1000g plus will not transmit, only receive from my handheld 935G plus

txrancher47

Question

I bought a Wouxun 1000g plus recently and it will not transmit on any of the lower (1-7) channels.  I have a hand held Wouxun 935G plus and I can receive its transmissions using the 1000g but cannot reply.  The mike is plugged into the proper slot.  There is a red light appears when I key down using the 1000g, but no modulation.  The handheld does not appear to be receiving any signals from my radio.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I am a newby so please forgive me if I ask questions.

Thanks,

9 answers to this question

I enjoy your videos...your video inspired me to by from "buy 2 way radios".  I bought the Wouxun 1000g plus and the Wouxun 935 plus.

I bought a Wouxun 935 Plus to check my Wouxun 1000g Plus base station.  The base station receives the signal from the handheld and I can hear the person transmitting but the base station will not talk to the handheld.  I "reset" the base station as per the instructions and still cannot transmit...the red light comes on but I can't transmit to the handheld.

My radio will not transmit on 8-14. 

I don't understand how to input the tones...yes I watch your video and read the handbook.  I am a newby and know nothing about radios.

Thank you for responding!

Sam

9 hours ago, txrancher47 said:

My radio will not transmit on 8-14

If you are stating this as the problem then as @OffRoaderX has said it won’t. Mobile radios are not allowed to transmit on 8-14 per the FCC. Also when testing between radios make sure you put some distance between them. If they are too close they can cause desensing and won’t work. 

You mean we are suppose to read the manuals????? 🤔 🤣

Everyone is correct that mobile radios only go down to 5 watts at the lowest power settings which is way over the 0.5 watts limit for channels 8 - 14.

I know one mobile radio that will transmit on channels 8-14 even though it should not since it is over the 0.5 watt limit on low.

For years, my father designed and oversaw development of the top jet fighter IN THE WORLD, and to this day he refuses to read a manual for anything.  I just sent him a Blu-Ray player, and he asked me to hook it up next time I visit.  IT'S ONE HDMI CABLE.  And his planes are still winning dogfights fifty years later. I give up.

22 hours ago, txrancher47 said:

I enjoy your videos...your video inspired me to by from "buy 2 way radios".  I bought the Wouxun 1000g plus and the Wouxun 935 plus.

I bought a Wouxun 935 Plus to check my Wouxun 1000g Plus base station.  The base station receives the signal from the handheld and I can hear the person transmitting but the base station will not talk to the handheld.  I "reset" the base station as per the instructions and still cannot transmit...the red light comes on but I can't transmit to the handheld.

My radio will not transmit on 8-14. 

I don't understand how to input the tones...yes I watch your video and read the handbook.  I am a newby and know nothing about radios.

Thank you for responding!

Sam

I was addressing  OFFROADERX 2nd question.