Mobile radio BBQ

Since I have newly installed my mobile in the car with a nice mount that puts it right where I need it and summertime for us is fast approaching, what are the thoughts on keeping it from possibly getting toasted from the interior heat on a hot sunny day while parked?

Carport/garage is not an option for me.  I know the sunshades for the windscreen helps, but any other tips?

My radio is a one piece Btech UV-25x4, so no remote head on it.

6 minutes ago, nokones said:

What does the environmental specs say for your model radio? It may list the low and high temps for operational and storage environments.

Duh! moment here.  I need to look that up.

13 minutes ago, WRXP381 said:

Where is it mounted that is going to get that hot?  Is in on the dash in direct sun light?    

I used a Lido cup holder mount, and have tried to think about how its angled so no direct sun.

Radios are engineered to exist in uncomfortable heat. Regardless of the season and ambient temperature, they make their own heat.. It's why their bodies are heat sinks, and they have fans inside. Heat was a part of the plan. So ambient heat in your car isn't likely to hurt your radio. Before operating it, maybe be sure you've allowed the AC to cool the cabin for a few minutes though.. 140 degree interior car bake air being circulated amongst it's own heat generation isn't likely to help..