Baofeng 5rm chirp pre configured file

5 hours ago, WSAR436 said:

Does anybody know where I can find a pre configured file for chip to program my baofeng 5rm with all basic ham, emergency and gmrs frequencies the radio is capable of? 

With the exception of 146.52, the 2 meter simplex calling frequency, there are no “basic ham frequencies”. Repeaters in one area are programmed differently than others. But by learning to use repeaterbook, you can discover the frequencies in use local to you.

Similarly, emergency frequencies differ from place to place.

The GMRS frequencies, bandwidth, and power level are fixed by regulations, but from place to place different repeaters use different channels with different tones.

So, unless you find someone in your area who has already done it, you’ll need to build your own.

Fortunately, I think Chirp has the ability to import settings for local repeaters, emergency frequencies, and even GMRS frequencies.  I don’t remember which menu heading it’s under, but Notarubicon probably has a video that covers it.

Yup, the menu is Radio-Query Data Source. He explains it well at about 11:55 in the video.

The video is here: 

Sometimes you just have to do things for your self.   Radio takes a bit of work. I bit of research.   I know we are all used to everything being handed to us but it was just 1/2 a life time ago the internet didn’t exist and this would have been 100xs harder to gather this info.  Now it can be done in 10min of searching and that’s still not fast enough or easy enough for you.  

43 minutes ago, WRXP381 said:

Sometimes you just have to do things for your self.   Radio takes a bit of work. I bit of research.   I know we are all used to everything being handed to us but it was just 1/2 a life time ago the internet didn’t exist and this would have been 100xs harder to gather this info.  Now it can be done in 10min of searching and that’s still not fast enough or easy enough for you.  

What is wrong with you? People should be able to ask questions without you being a jerk. 

@WRXP381 I agree with most of what you are saying and it can be frustrating sometimes to explain the same thing over and over again but we need to remember that there are still many people who don't have much experience with technology or with research.

There are both young and old getting into the hobby. Some can figure it out for themselves and some need some help.

Let's be patient and welcome them in.

25 minutes ago, WRXB215 said:

@WRXP381 I agree with most of what you are saying and it can be frustrating sometimes to explain the same thing over and over again but we need to remember that there are still many people who don't have much experience with technology or with research.

There are both young and old getting into the hobby. Some can figure it out for themselves and some need some help.

Let's be patient and welcome them in.

Definitely a nicer response than mine.