Looking for repeater

Guest Tony

Guest Tony

I am looking for a repeater in the Collinsville Whitesboro, Texas area. This area is far north Texas southern Oklahoma. If there is anyone with a repeater in this area, please let me know.
thank you. 

Guest Koni

Hello everyone, seeking repeaters in the areas for Killeen, Temple and Belton area. Also own have a GMRS license and and seeking advise for equipment recommendations in setting up a home base station. Thanks in advance!

17 hours ago, Guest Koni said:

Hello everyone, seeking repeaters in the areas for Killeen, Temple and Belton area. Also own have a GMRS license and and seeking advise for equipment recommendations in setting up a home base station. Thanks in advance!

If you click the maps tab at the top of the page, then type in the town and state in the search bar at the bottom left, it will populate repeaters in that town.

18 hours ago, Guest Koni said:

seeking advise for equipment recommendations in setting up a home base station. 

Spend the time and money on getting the best coax and antenna you can up as high as possible.   I use a comet712efc, lmr400 and a 20w radio   It does 200miles reliably.    My whole base station set up retail is less than $400.  However many people swear you need to spend $450 on a 50w base station radio alone.   so type of radio should be driven by your budget, desired quality, and desired features. But all remains the same for the antenna and coax buy the best you can and get it up as high as possible. 

With line-of-sight radios (UHF and VHF frequencies), added power means you have better reception in the area covered rather than greater distance. The distance (farz) depends on how high the antenna is above the surrounding ground. An antenna 6 feet above ground level (AGL) can reach a repeater many miles away if the repeater is on ground higher than you. That' why so many repeaters are located on high hills, buildings, and mountains. Height more than power equals distance.