Mr

Guest graeme soens

Guest graeme soens

I've just got a boafeng p15uv and put a password into it but I've forgotten it is there a way I can bypass the password or reset the radio

7 minutes ago, nokones said:

Why would anyone would want to password a cheap Chinese $18 POS for? 

Whoa whoa whoa I saw it on Amazon for $27!    It’s probably because he has a frequency stored in it to talk to aliens and he didn’t want any one else to get a hold of it and talk to them also.  

Either using the exact same password every time or writing it down would have helped.  It can’t be that big of a deal to have to lock down your radio. Can it?  

2 hours ago, Guest graeme soens said:

I've just got a boafeng p15uv and put a password into it but I've forgotten it is there a way I can bypass the password or reset the radio

The manual doesn’t mention a password. Are you sure you entered a password?

Resetting the radio is menu 40. 

https://fccid.io/2AJGM-P15UV/User-Manual/User-Manual-5201622

1 hour ago, Sshannon said:

The manual doesn’t mention a password. Are you sure you entered a password?

Resetting the radio is menu 40. 

Would you not have to get past the password before you could choose menu 40?

6 minutes ago, WRXR255 said:

Would you not have to get past the password before you could choose menu 40?

If there’s truly a password. As I said, the manual doesn’t mention one. Perhaps he simply locked the keyboard. Or maybe the manual is poor. 

13 minutes ago, Sshannon said:

If there’s truly a password. As I said, the manual doesn’t mention one. Perhaps he simply locked the keyboard. Or maybe the manual is poor. 

My Assault Radio - Beofeng AR-5RM - has that feature but like was said, why?  And the manual only tells you how to turn it on or off...  Im afraid to test it, as if there happens to be a default password, the manual says nothing about, oops! 😭

EDIT

I really want to test it though, have it locked and I am curious if you can still pull a download/upload from CHIRP.

Edited by WRXR255
Addl. comment

2 hours ago, WRXP381 said:

Whoa whoa whoa I saw it on Amazon for $27!    It’s probably because he has a frequency stored in it to talk to aliens and he didn’t want any one else to get a hold of it and talk to them also.  

Either using the exact same password every time or writing it down would have helped.  It can’t be that big of a deal to have to lock down your radio. Can it?  

$27? Wow! That price gotta be just for Californians to help with the State's budget deficit.

Here is a link to a Reddit post about that radio.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Baofeng/s/SxrCkiGYV1

I’d first Google and try the factory reset settings for other Baofeng radios, to see if any of that works.

Another option is to try programming software like RT Systems, to see if you can get in that way.

It seems to be one of the less common radios, so likely not as much info out there.