FCC GMRS Service Operations Page Updated 04 Aug, 2024

1 minute ago, NavyBOFH said:

You're famous because you ARE a moron. Plain and simple.  Thanks for the cheap entertainment and enjoy your click/view revenue, now dance for your dollar.

See what I mean @marcspaz?
Some of these little fellas just make it too easy. I mean, what kind of a person would get so worked up over videos that nobody is forcing them to watch?

Fish..in..bucket...

1 minute ago, OffRoaderX said:

See what I mean @marcspaz?
Some of these little fellas just make it too easy. I mean, what kind of a person would get so worked up over videos that nobody is forcing them to watch?

Fish..in..bucket...

I don't watch - I just pop my head in here to see the herpes has spread.

Good job commenting towards a similar person that cannot read legal text based on their previous comments. No wonder this forum is full of pissy "Sad GoMeRS" that finally had the rug swept out from under them. Just yell "free men don't ask" in the mirror a few times and maybe you'll feel better, sweetheart.

35 minutes ago, NavyBOFH said:

So... you were saying? The rules clearly dictate the 467 frequencies are to be ONLY used as uplink to a repeater or in "test cases".

No it doesn't.  It doesn't say that at all.  I can read.  It says only mobile, hand-held portable, control and fixed stations may transmit on these 8 channels. Not that those are the only allowed repeater inputs.

44 minutes ago, NavyBOFH said:

You're famous because you ARE a moron. Plain and simple.  Thanks for the cheap entertainment and enjoy your click/view revenue, now dance for your dollar.

Not only is that kinda mean... I am starting to think you aren't as smart as you pretend to be.

11 minutes ago, NavyBOFH said:

Mobile, hand-held portable and control stations may transmit on these channels only when communicating through a repeater station or making brief test transmissions in accordance with § 95.319(c).

I bolded it for you in case your glasses aren't working! 

You are correct.  Those station types can only transmit on those frequencies when they are communicating through a repeater.  Its not that they can't transmit on any other frequencies.  It is to prevent those device types from having simplex communications on those frequencies... that is it.

When it comes to laws and rules, anything not expressly prohibited is allowed.  There is no expressed prohibition on repeater inputs being on any other channel/frequency.

Also, its a good indication that you know you are loosing the debate when you stop discussing opinion based on fact and switch to insults and attacks.  Just for future reference...

@NavyBOFH  I understand you are trying to help.  I do... but you aren't the only guy in the room.  I studied Constitutional law for years and helped write bills that have gone to my state legislature for votes.  I work for a massive firm, engineer solutions and write technical contracts for a living.  I can read and comprehend the rules in the totality and there are definitions of words that contradict the means and methods those words are used in the rules. 

The definition of Operate (in brief) is to start, continue and stop a station from transmitting, and the rules state you can execute remote operation over a network (again, paraphrasing).  Then there are other rules that say you can't convey messages over the air and wireline. 

So, which is it?  We can remote operate over a network or we can't?  You can't justify interpreting a definition of a word in a sentence when the definition is specifically and explicitly provided in the rules. The contradiction needs to be fixed and the rules updated.  An SA telling a web admin to change a webpage isn't the way to clarify a conflict in the rules.

WOW, I spent most of the day at my local VA hospital to come home to all of this. I'll keep my inter-service rivalry comments to myself (for now). And it looks like I can add another to my ignore list too. 

@OffRoaderX, @marcspaz, @SteveShannon and others are very intelligent and do their research. I might not always agree with them but I do always take into account what they have to say.

25 minutes ago, WRYZ926 said:

I might not always agree with them but I do always take into account what they have to say.

I’m right there with you.

Here’s my takeaway from this thread… first make popcorn 🍿

and second… 

I find it easier to listen to someone I don’t agree with that is respectful than someone I agree with that is being rude

2 minutes ago, marcspaz said:

I am saying this is the friendliest possible way I can... if that is your best brag... you should probably stop.

It really was pretty much the most obvious and pitiful “look at me” moment for any grown man to bear witness to. 

I swear "some people" are just plain broken.

3 minutes ago, NavyBOFH said:

And you seem to literally get off on this weird internet troll fetish. I’d find an insult for you, but I was raised not to bully the retarded. Bless your heart. 

No different than you living up to your namesake. Name calling and juvenile behavior doesn't help anything. Like I said earlier, insults and personal attacks indicate you know you're losing the debate. You're trying to discredit your disputant in absence of valid points to support your position. Be an adult and let it go.