myGMRS Network Shutting Down August 28th, 2024

rdunajewski

4 hours ago, WRUE951 said:

The source of my claims have slapped you in the face literally the last several months

It appears that you your self-professed autism has progressed into retardation.
But thank you, for once again, demonstrating to everyone-here, multiple times, that nothing you say is to be believed or taken seriously.

4 hours ago, WRUE951 said:

You are appositely right,  complaints have actually been filed and thousands of them,

Is this legitimately "many" people complaining? Or is it more akin to the Reagan Airport noise complaints, where 78% of the 8700 complaints one year came from just 2 people in a single household?

7 minutes ago, wayoverthere said:

Is this legitimately "many" people complaining

There is no way to know, because irregardlessly of what one particular untrustworthy pathological mythomaniac keeps telling us stories about, the FCC does not publish information on complaints.

I could imagine that in some areas there are complaints, but whether its 1 complaint or 10,000 complaints, it does not matter as the FCCs public record on enforcement shows that, up until now at least, they execute near-zero GMRS related enforcement actions.

Edited by OffRoaderX
Edit: Clarified that WRUE951 is untrustworthy and has been shown to lie or make up stories just to try and show everyone what will happen in his imagination if someone breaks FCC "LAWS".. I hope it is clear now.

1 hour ago, OffRoaderX said:

There is no way to know, because irregardlessly of what one particular untrustworthy pathological mythomaniac keeps telling us stories about, the FCC does not publish information on complaints.

I could imagine that in some areas there are complaints, but whether its 1 complaint or 10,000 complaints, it does not matter as the FCCs public record on enforcement shows that, up until now at least, they execute near-zero GMRS related enforcement actions.

So is your argument then, that because the FCC has not executed any enforcement actions on GMRS, that it is okay to ignore the rules or otherwise just do whatever you want?

32 minutes ago, gatekeep said:

So is your argument then, that because the FCC has not executed any enforcement actions on GMRS, that it is okay to ignore the rules or otherwise just do whatever you want?

I think I made my argument pretty clear in my comment, so please re-read it, but this time, try to pay attention. If, after re-reading, you are still confused, just ask a grown-up to explain it to you using simple-words you can understand. 

35 minutes ago, OffRoaderX said:

I think I made my argument pretty clear in my comment, so please re-read it, but this time, try to pay attention. If, after re-reading, you are still confused, just ask a grown-up to explain it to you using simple-words you can understand. 

Cool, nice response. I'm fairly certain none of your responses in this entire thread actually, clearly, articulate your argument/position on the matter in any form.

3 hours ago, OffRoaderX said:

It appears that you your self-professed autism has progressed into retardation.
But thank you, for once again, demonstrating to everyone-here, multiple times, that nothing you say is to be believed or taken seriously.

Pretty much your world Randy...  

On 8/21/2024 at 12:02 PM, marcspaz said:

Signed and posted comment...

I believe that the ability to link repeaters over an internet connection is crucial to the success of public safety networks.  There are a tremendous amount of GMRS repeater owners who allow volunteer response groups such as REACT, ARES and RACES that support the federal, state and local government in emergency response, as part of logistic divisions and moving critical information.  Terrain often is the largest obstacle, reducing radio coverage.  The ability to link multiple repeaters (network and RF) would greatly increase the coverage area for the emergency volunteer groups, helping preserve life and property during a mass-casualty crisis. 

On 8/22/2024 at 9:45 PM, OffRoaderX said:

Can you name those parts of the country, and specify who decided it "was" a problem and spiraling out of control?

@OffRoaderX since we are challenging wild claims in this topic, I would love to hear from you or @marcspaz when GMRS has ever been used as an augmentation to public safety. 

Seriously asking for citations - if there are any it would be nice to know since it would strengthen GMRS case. However without any proof this sounds like some ARES reflective vest delusion.

Edited by MaxHeadroom
Newbie cannot figure out forum

17 minutes ago, OffRoaderX said:

I have never made that claim.

I never said you did… I’m hoping to actually have a substantive discussion about the merits of GMRS instead of autistic trolling. You mentioned to gatekeep above that your stance is allegedly clear on linked systems and cases of abuse (or lack thereof), and marcspaz mentions the merits of it as augmentation to public safety. If those two truly intersect - let’s hear from the “community experts”. 

If the user base is ever to change the rules to their benefit, they need to start actually having real discussions. I’ll happily have one unless all you have in you is insults. 

2 hours ago, MaxHeadroom said:

@OffRoaderX since we are challenging wild claims in this topic, I would love to hear from you or @marcspaz when GMRS has ever been used as an augmentation to public safety. 

Seriously asking for citations - if there are any it would be nice to know since it would strengthen GMRS case. However without any proof this sounds like some ARES reflective vest delusion.

Im not sure about citation, but I am an Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES) assistant emergency coordinator in one county, an ARES operator another county, support the state and DHS regionally and we use both amateur radio and FRS/GMRS to assist the government in their operations as SOP. Not everyday or every event, but when we have unlicensed volunteers or government employees that need to speak directly to operators, we usually stuff an FRS radio in their hand, as an example.

1 minute ago, marcspaz said:

Im not sure about citation, but I am an Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES) assistant emergency coordinator in one county, an ARES operator another county, support the state and DHS regionally and we use both amateur radio and FRS/GMRS to assist the government in their operations as SOP. Not everyday or every event, but when we have unlicensed volunteers or government employees that need to speak directly to operators, we usually stuff an FRS radio in their hand, as an example.

I know exactly where you’re talking about and I know between the regional trunk, state trunk, and two DOD subsites in the area that there is no “lack of coverage” or reliability that would ever even remotely necessitate other services carrying traffic for them. My point is that was a bit misleading to say GMRS has any sort of “public safety” role unless there’s something I’ve been missing about a family service carrying “business” traffic…. But I was willing to be proven wrong. 

2 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

I know exactly where you’re talking about and I know between the regional trunk, state trunk, and two DOD subsites in the area that there is no “lack of coverage” or reliability that would ever even remotely necessitate other services carrying traffic for them. My point is that was a bit misleading to say GMRS has any sort of “public safety” role unless there’s something I’ve been missing about a family service carrying “business” traffic…. But I was willing to be proven wrong. 

You're welcome to believe whatever you would like.

Just now, marcspaz said:

You're welcome to believe whatever you would like.

So is that telling me those systems are or are not getting the inbound/outbound coverage they were contractually guaranteed by Motorola?

I’m still waiting to hear how GMRS provides an “essential service”, especially in an internet linked manner, that augments anything other than REACT’s brag sheet. And by that notion, anything “linked” would be guaranteed to be LESS reliable than the Stafford/Fredericksburg or STARS systems with dedicated microwave or fiber paths. 

I would like to have a discussion about this but please bring something to the table other than “that’s your opinion man”. 

1 minute ago, MaxHeadroom said:

So is that telling me those systems are or are not getting the inbound/outbound coverage they were contractually guaranteed by Motorola?

I’m still waiting to hear how GMRS provides an “essential service”, especially in an internet linked manner, that augments anything other than REACT’s brag sheet. And by that notion, anything “linked” would be guaranteed to be LESS reliable than the Stafford/Fredericksburg or STARS systems with dedicated microwave or fiber paths. 

I would like to have a discussion about this but please bring something to the table other than “that’s your opinion man”. 

Im tired of arguing with strangers on the internet. Im not going to get any further into it. If you're genuinely interested and in my area, join ARES, show up in person for some training events and actually show up to support an agency activation, and you can see how everything works.

3 minutes ago, marcspaz said:

Im tired of arguing with strangers on the internet. Im not going to get any further into it. If you're genuinely interested and in my area, join ARES, show up in person for some training events and actually show up to support an agency activation, and you can see how everything works.

I work around your area, I don’t live there. I’ll be sure to bring some novelties over to OCD Off-road next time I’m around. 

Just now, MaxHeadroom said:

I work around your area, I don’t live there. I’ll be sure to bring some novelties over to OCD Off-road next time I’m around. 

That would be awesome! PM me next time you’re heading over and I'll try to swing by.

5 minutes ago, marcspaz said:

That would be awesome! PM me next time you’re heading over and I'll try to swing by.

Sounds good - I don’t come though often but always have some new toys to show off and some swag to go with it. 

I don’t mean any harm/hostility when discussing things on here in case that’s what you thought. I am only on here because I still use GMRS for family even though I have private coordinated repeaters to leverage instead - I do this for the spirit of the service more than my own personal use. 

1 minute ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Sounds good - I don’t come though often but always have some new toys to show off and some swag to go with it. 

I don’t mean any harm/hostility when discussing things on here in case that’s what you thought. I am only on here because I still use GMRS for family even though I have private coordinated repeaters to leverage instead - I do this for the spirit of the service more than my own personal use. 

No worries. I appreciate that. I love the service too. I'm just a little tired. Just got home from a huge offroad trip to to Uwharrie and need a nap. LoL

Im definitely looking forward to meeting you. It's always great to meet someone passionate about the hobby and making new friends. 

7 hours ago, OffRoaderX said:
  1. Its not 'propaganda' when it's true

Really, so you are validating all of the "sad Ham" comments online by your minions?

Because it has spread quite far on the internet in other venues than just on your YT channel and here on myGMRS and that is the "propaganda" I am referring to.

1 hour ago, WRYS709 said:

Really, so you are validating all of the "sad Ham" comments online by your minions?

Because it has spread quite far on the internet in other venues than just on your YT channel and here on myGMRS and that is the "propaganda" I am referring to.

Let me make this simple enough, that even you will understand it:

YES - There are those that regular people refer to as "sad hams" .. this is fact, it cannot be disputed.

If this fact makes you sad, and/or if you do not understand the difference between a 'sad ham', and a regular, helpful, normal-ham, then YOU ARE A SAD HAM, and YOU are who all of us normal people make fun of.  and if that makes you even more sad, then, good, you deserve it. (and yes, even if you dont have a H.A.M. radio license, you can still have all the personality defects making you a latent sad-H.A.M.) 

As for these facts spreading out in other venues: thank you for noticing! Please continue to spread the word!

If you are referring to something else, then please clarify, because as everyone knows, I love to answer stupid questions.