Authorized Midland Radio Reseller

rdunajewski

We have some big news regarding our new online store! myGMRS is now an Authorized Reseller for Midland Radios!

This means you can be certain you're purchasing original product properly sourced from the manufacturer and they will stand behind their warranty should there be any issues with the product. With many manufacturers, if you don't buy from official channels they will not honor their warranty, which puts the consumer in a very tough spot when they have a problem.

We now carry the MicroMobile series (which are repeater capable) and some of the X-TALKER series handheld radios! These are Part 95 certified so you will be 100% legal on GMRS.

To celebrate, we're offering 20% off all Midland products from now until February 1st! Just enter the discount code MIDLANDLAUNCH at checkout to get the discount. No limit on number of items!

Midland MicroMobile MXT400 40W Radio

Midland MicroMobile MXT400VP3 40W Radio Value Pack

Midland MicroMobile MXT275 15W Radio (Remote Head)

Midland MicroMobile MXT115 15W Radio

Midland X-TALKER T290VP4 Radios (2-Pack)

Midland X-TALKER T295VP4 Radios (2-Pack)

Midland MXTA12 Antenna Mag Mount Base

Thanks for supporting myGMRS.com!

• 1 month later...

Just bought and finished my install of MXT275, kicking myself for not poking around and finding this sooner.

Bought direct from Midland.

George aka   Okie Ramblin

Traitor. Just kidding...  :D

We actually ship direct from Midland for any orders made with us, so your experience and warranty coverage are exactly the same.

• 1 month later...

Yes, we're expanding our lineup to include the XT511, as well as some of the E+Ready products from Midland.

Hoping to expand the product offerings in the next week or so.

I would like to be one of the first in line for one of these. Especially if you are able to offer a "new product" or "mygmrs" discount!

I would like to be one of the first in line for one of these. Especially if you are able to offer a "new product" or "mygmrs" discount!

Use the following link to have a 15% off coupon applied. You'll see it taken off during checkout. Valid thru May 1st, 2020 and limit one use per customer.  :D

https://shop.mygmrs.com/discount/MIDLANDBASECAMP?redirect=%2Fproducts%2Fmidland-xt511-gmrs-base-camp-radio

As luck would have it, I just found out they are on backorder until mid-May. Midland is out of them, and your order will ship directly from them when it's back in stock.

That's OK. With all of the Kung-Flu restrictions, I can't go anywhere or do anything until mid-May anyway. Thanks for letting me go ahead and order one.

Can you get parts for the 511?

I've had mine 20 years it seems but due to lack of use and tossing it around I've misplaced the charger and cable.  And since it's unknown when the rechargeable battery was last used, I might need one of those as well.

My only complaint with this radio is the fact that the LCD clock is always 'on' and discharges the batteries when in storage.  Maybe they've modified that in the new 511.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I got my 511 a couple of weeks ago.  It is a nice piece. My first (and only) complaint is that when you plug in the speaker mic, it cuts off the internal speaker, and all sound comes out of the mic - even for AM-FM radio.  When I have time, I'm going to try to build an adapter to plug just the mic in, without the remote speaker part. If I can't build an external adapter, then it will be time to void the warranty with an internal modification.  I want just a PTT mic, not a speaker-mic. The internal mic might as well not even be there. To get any modulation with the internal mic, you have to pick the radio up and hold it right to your face. You look really stupid yelling into the front of a portable radio.

The thing is really cool though, and works great on my selected GMRS frequency with DPL. No, it can't do repeaters, but that's not an issue with me. Even though it is narrow band, I can hear it just fine on my Kenwoods, and the Kenwoods really don't seem to overload 511's receiver too bad, unless someone is yelling into the mic on the Kenwood.

• 2 years later...