NEW CHIRP SOFTWARE

terry205

Question

18 answers to this question

I use the new version on a Mac with CHIRP.  CHIRP has issues on Mac... the mouse does not line up with tip of arrow, more like the middle or body or arrow.  So my work around is select a line and then click on "Properties" or go menu Edit down to Properties.  Then from here do tab and will go to that first line, tab again goes to Name and you get 6 spaces to name it.

Hope that helps.

Jack 

Downloaded the new chirp software for Mac .Have a 805 set it to 816 as always the numbers read CH--001 an so on.can not add names . Can any body please help me.

So for your KG-805G radio you picked the KG-UVD1P format and it worked for you?  I may try that after you confirm your radio works as well.

Jack

HEY MAC JACK I put the upload and download on radio KG-UVD1P .I Could add feq and names better than on 816 .816 would not let me add feq .If I put in feq 462. It would change it to 142 . went to KG-UVD1P and all worked well .Dont why just did .

In humber... you miss read this... still a Mac guy... and wanted to see if the pc CHIRP has the same problem.  I will never go back... I make millions from those who have pc...

Jack

even the mac guy ditched his mac for a pc...maybe its a sign for you guys....#pcmasterrace  :D  :lol:  :P  :huh:  -_-  <_<  :ph34r:

In humber... you miss read this... still a Mac guy... and wanted to see if the pc CHIRP has the same problem.  I will never go back... I make millions from those who have pc...

Jack

did you need someone to test it on pc? i should be programing one on sunday but was going to use the woxun software, but i could try chirp too.

the mac vs pc comment was in jest hope it didnt rub u wrong

This is good to know.. I played with it today a little and will do more tomorrow...  This is why this forum is so good... Many minds working for good.

Jack

MAC  JACK I did the same thing with two 805g put in all the names and the feq changed it two or three times to critic it the way I liked it .Tried both radios they worked well no problems.  KG-UVD1P WORKED WELL.

Thank you Michael for the RT Systems info... I looked it up and will download to see if it will run on my XP OS.  I remember you and I like the cut and paste feature of CHIRP...  The Wouxun PC programing software for 905G does not do a good job of cut and paste... I want to make a scan group 7 for select channels and do not want to type every entry.  

My new tag line is "Many minds working for good" on this forum has been great.  I can't wait for the new release of RT Systems, first one who see it make a post on the forum.  

Jack

Thought I would add that RT Systems has informed me they are currently working on programmer version for the 805G and they intend to make one available for the 905 in future. This does not help you Mac Guys, but it may be welcome news for the PC folks that read this.

Michael
WRHS965
KE8PLM

Thanks for the offer, I will do it tomorrow but if you do let me know your findings.  I knew you were joking... that is why I said in humor as my first word.  I was not upset... remember I had a big smile going to the bank with PC customers.  In fact I like your comments as it made me feel so thankful for PC issues.

Hey, I have to deal with PC users and get paid well, but for my family and girls going through high school and college I did not want to be their support staff while I was out of town... Got them a Mac OS and gave them the Apple 800 number and off I went on the road to make money...  I should add for them not coming to me for support helped our family relationship as I had lost all my patience with customer who paid and they did not... joking but you know what I mean.  O my wife I put on a Mac OS as well...  Best thing I did for family relationship....

Jack

did you need someone to test it on pc? i should be programing one on sunday but was going to use the woxun software, but i could try chirp too.

the mac vs pc comment was in jest hope it didnt rub u wrong

I agree...  So what is the difference from Mac OS and Linux.................... wait for it...................  how much you spend... $0 for Linux plus a $500 for a pc with linux installed and over $2k for a Mac...  So go learn linux and make money.

Jack

Besides, everybody knows Linux is best anyways

Well I gave it a try and the KG-UVD1P froze up on me...  The KG-816 is my pick... Also I do not get the warning screen about "You may break your radio"... Paraphrasing.  

Jack

MAC  JACK I did the same thing with two 805g put in all the names and the feq changed it two or three times to critic it the way I liked it .Tried both radios they worked well no problems.  KG-UVD1P WORKED WELL.

could be I'm sorry it did not work for you .I went back to 816 it worked but kg-uvd1p did too I will stay with 816 would not won't mess up nothing .An would not won't anyone else to do so either. thank you very much for all the help . I have been going through a very bad time in my life GMRS an all the people have been a great uplift in my life

Good move... At least with 816 I do not get the warning...  Glad GMRS is adding some support for your tough times.  Keep the faith.

Jack

could be I'm sorry it did not work for you .I went back to 816 it worked but kg-uvd1p did too I will stay with 816 would not won't mess up nothing .An would not won't anyone else to do so either. thank you very much for all the help . I have been going through a very bad time in my life GMRS an all the people have been a great uplift in my life