Your First and current GMRS HT

elseyta

On 12/18/2022 at 2:26 PM, WRUI365 said:

Motorla XPR7550E

Nice. Bought a Motorola XPR7550e after using an older XPR6550 for a while, but that needed to be hex edited due to the band split. I have many other radios I could use, with an Anytone 878 Plus being one of them. The only good thing that seems to add though is VHF capability. The XPR7550e also comprises the bulk of what I often support for work, so using a 7550e for GMRS just seems natural. Nice to see others going with a high-end radio that is very selective and sensitive RF wise. 

13 hours ago, pcradio said:

That's quite the upgrade. How do you tolerate the single watch nature? I don't think I can give up watching two frequencies.

Proper use of scan lists and you can watch way more than 2 frequencies.

39 minutes ago, PACNWComms said:

Nice. Bought a Motorola XPR7550e after using an older XPR6550 for a while, but that needed to be hex edited due to the band split. I have many other radios I could use, with an Anytone 878 Plus being one of them. The only good thing that seems to add though is VHF capability. The XPR7550e also comprises the bulk of what I often support for work, so using a 7550e for GMRS just seems natural. Nice to see others going with a high-end radio that is very selective and sensitive RF wise. 

The XPR7550e is a wonderful radio. I've been jumping between it and a Kenwood NX-5300. 

2 hours ago, PACNWComms said:

They are nice radios. What is a negative for me is the funky antenna connector. I often use an external antenna with my HT's so having something I can screw an adapter into is important. I take my HT's on trips sometimes etc. so in hotel rooms I like to use a portable antenna stuck by the window and run a cable between it and the radio. Same with rental cars. Stick a cheap short magnet mount on the roof and run the cable inside to the radio.

• 2 weeks later...