Dead battery.

Doctnj

This is the second battery eliminator from wouxun that from my point of view is now trash. 

They replaced the first one that died so Im thinking I just got a bad one.  

Now I'm thinking there is either something I did or someone needs to go back drawing board. 

The first time it happened with the first B. E. , I started to get cut off while transmitting. By the clock it would shut off transmission after 20-30 sec.  

I keep an HT in my truck and keep it hooked up to antenna as well as battery eliminator on the HT.  I do unplug sig lighter when getting out of the truck so to my knowledge it hasn't been accidentally transmitting for any length of time. I just got the bigger battery so between those two I probably don't need an eliminator.  But I still have one last B. E., un opened.  Guess for emergency it can be useful but it too will probably have a countdown. 

20210722_080646.jpg

56 minutes ago, Doctnj said:

It works when just listening but key up and talk and you have about 20 S before it shuts off the transmission. 

I'll record it and post it.

So it's a one time deal? Listening all you want, then TX for 20 seconds and it dies never to work again?

On 7/22/2021 at 2:03 PM, Lscott said:

So it's a one time deal? Listening all you want, then TX for 20 seconds and it dies never to work again?

No once it starts it happens all the time. Right now I just use a battery. I have one more so I'll try it again. 

29 minutes ago, Doctnj said:

No once it starts it happens all the time. Right now I just use a battery. I have one more so I'll try it again. 

He is asking does the BE stop working all together after it shuts down indicating that it could be the fuse that is blown....but if I understand what you are saying is that the BE works just fine unless you put it under a heavy load, at which point it "stops working" and you can only listen, indicating that the BE still is supplying power, but maybe just not enough.

• 2 weeks later...

That may indeed.  Right now I've been using batteries and it's functioning fine.  I have one eliminator left.  Wouxun is fast to blame the amp in line with radio although Motorola makes a device you drop your HT into and it too has an in line Amp, charges the battery and uses installed antenna.  

And actually I'm about to receive my new Motorola and want to see how it does and I'll figure out where best to use it. 

May just get a converticon and be set.