New Year, New myGMRS!

rdunajewski

Just in case anyone checks the forums before the main site... we have a new myGMRS!

After well over a year of fooling around with the new website, I have finally launched it. This is a big leap in technology since the original website was created in 2006 and only had a few incremental updates over the years. This new platform will allow us to put out quicker updates, brand-new features, and bonus features for Premium Members.

Premium Membership is an optional subscription where you can remove ads from the website, generate PDF reports of repeaters and licenses in any state, and create your own Club listing (part of the forums) so you don't need to create your own website! All of the existing features of myGMRS will remain free, of course.

A new mobile app is also in the works, although we're not close to a release date for that. The long-awaited iOS version will be part of the release, as well as a completely new Android app.

Since this is such a radically different website, I'm sure there will be some issues along the way. If anyone runs into bugs or problems of any kind, please don't hesitate to submit a bug report at this Google Forms URL rather than the forums or by email (as it'll be much easier to review):  https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe6XLmCW-UU0Bp9lN9zM3L9gO_TCkArIN2oY-hOLG9x01B3lg/viewform

Thank you everyone for the wonderful support and thank you to our Beta testers. You know who you are!

Have a Happy New Year!

Yeah, an unpleasant surprise. I typically turn JavaScript script off since many web pages load much faster on a mobile device while killing most of the more annoying aspects of websites and data bandwidth killing elements on mobile devices. Looks like this is going to be one I’ll be visiting less often if at all in the future. 

Hey fellas, I'm new to the forum, and new to GMRS. I'm not sure if this is worthy of a bug report, so before I report it, are you all able to see the repeaters on the map? I listed my repeater a couple of weeks ago, and now it doesn't even show in the "My Repeaters" or on my profile? Am I missing something? 

Thanks, 

Greg

WROE979 / AD4GC

On 12/31/2021 at 3:01 AM, rdunajewski said:

Just in case anyone checks the forums before the main site... we have a new myGMRS!

...<snip>...

Have a Happy New Year!

Rich,

I commend you on the new website. It looks great and provides a nice, clean experience. I'm still trying to figure out where everything is on the new site, but I had to do that when I was new to the old site, too. Anyway, I love the new look and feel of the website. Great job on it!