SHOP FAIL!!

WROJ613

A week ago, I ordered an antenna that I needed this week from shop.mygmrs.com... Waited a week with no update... Then today I get an email that the order just cancelled?! Not only will I not get the part I need in time for my project, but my funds are tied up now waiting for the refund to post to my account... First and last time ordering anything from this site.

Chris

WROJ613

3 hours ago, WROJ613 said:

A week ago, I ordered an antenna that I needed this week from shop.mygmrs.com... Waited a week with no update... Then today I get an email that the order just cancelled?! Not only will I not get the part I need in time for my project, but my funds are tied up now waiting for the refund to post to my account... First and last time ordering anything from this site.

I have no experience with this particular site for ordering, but two general comments:

1) Isn't the OP aware there are worldwide shortages and supply chain delays caused by The Pandemic; or was he living in a cave?!? and

2) Don't you order with a credit card and hence no funds are tied up!  One month later, when the bill comes, if you haven't received a refund, you can challenge the charge with the credit card company and they will immediately issue a credit while they check the facts.

Maybe the OP pays for everything with BitCoin!! ?

• 3 weeks later...

As the shop owner, I wanted to follow up on what happened on this scenario. We used Tessco for shipping the CommScope base station antennas rather than taking on inventory of these antennas. They are very large, and the freight is very expensive, so it doesn't make sense to ship them to us, have to store them, then ship them again to the customer. You may be familiar with this as being called "drop shipping" where the item gets shipped directly to the customer.

In this customer's case, we received his order and sent the information to our sales rep at Tessco. Days went by, and we never heard confirmation that they received the order and couldn't reach the rep. I tried to find a regional manager to contact, but still couldn't get ahold of anyone.

Now being a week later, I escalated to their generic sales and support team, and explained the issue. They replied with the retail cost of the item, and a shipping charge of about $700. If we placed the order, we would have lost about $400 due to the super-high shipping quote and the non-discounted cost of the antenna that we already had negotiated with a sales manager in the past.

So unfortunately, we had to cancel the order and refund the customer. I sent a message to him apologizing and explaining the scenario above to show why we couldn't fulfill this order, because of course it looks unprofessional if you don't understand the details of what happened.

Needless to say, I pulled all products that we ship from Tessco and informed them I was done with their company do to this colossal issue. Almost a month later, none of the people I reached out to ever contacted me except their main support rep. Never again.