BTECH... Tech

WRVG593

So what is the communities opinion on BTECH and their equipment? The only equipment of theirs I have is a BTECH U25 20-40W amplifier. (I am currently having troubles with it, so I will hold my judgement until its fixed) I would love to know how well their radios in general perform, whether they do better in Mobile Units or HT's, etc. If anyone wants to hop in and share their experiences with the company, it'd be great!

Wouldn't be my first choice. They're finally starting to make some progress in their recent gear (2nd gen gmrsv2), but a lot of it is overly restricted in terms of tx channels. My gmrs 50x1, the factory channels are it for tx, anything else you add is Rx only, even if it's in band for gmrs. It also doesn't seem to be holding power on high...starts high and drops.

BTech has, at least in the past, had worse quality (or quality control) than Baofeng.  BTech sold knock-offs that were responsible for many of the older bad reports for Baofeng radios.  They were not made in America then AFAIK, don't know now because I won't buy one of their radios.  The only one I ever got was an "8W" that only did the same 4.5W on 2m and 0.5W on 440 (paid double for less).  Another similar brand I don't trust for radios is Abbree.  These companies may improve over time but most start out selling unreliable junk.  I may risk it for accessories like charging cables if there's no other vendor.