Stun and Kill Function

CyborgAlienWRYG738

Question

9 minutes ago, CyborgAlienWRYG738 said:

How would one know if it had been or not? Like I said I heard someone saying they "had gotten a few radios". If it's not their radios how could they have?

If they killed your radio it wouldn’t work. If they stunned your radio it wouldn’t work. There is no “deflate their ego” function. 

30 minutes ago, CyborgAlienWRYG738 said:

How would one know if it had been or not? Like I said I heard someone saying they "had gotten a few radios". If it's not their radios how could they have?

Menu 45 will show you the setting for Stun/kill. 
In order to stun/kill you they have to send the same ANI code as set in your radio. The ANI code is set in menu 15. The menu numbers are for the kg1000, your model might be slightly different but this is all covered by the manual. 

14 minutes ago, Sshannon said:

Menu 45 will show you the setting for Stun/kill. 
In order to stun/kill you they have to send the same ANI code as set in your radio. The ANI code is set in menu 15. The menu numbers are for the kg1000, your model might be slightly different but this is all covered by the manual. 

Somehow, my radio had that, (Menu 22 on the KG-UV9GX,) changed from Off to DT-ANI, so I don't know...

Sorry I hadn't seen that manual until just now... I've been trying to make heads/tails of it. I tried what it suggested in it and haven't noticed any difference. Test results haven't improved either. I also have heavily modified my unit since then too. I no longer use the default PTT-ID or anything to do with it. I'm wondering if the sun-spot activity could have anything to do with it? It's just got me so confused as to why I'm not able to get anything but, repeater tones when I key up, even after others just went "to the side and monitoring"... I'm not able to even get that on some of the other repeaters, even when I'm local to them... Even trying to respond to people who are also trying to get a response when they are doing radio checks, I'm not able to connect with them even though I hear them loud and clear...

The Btech GMRS 20V2 mobile will tell you when the radio has been killed.  I had it happen to me several times.  If your radio is setup to receive DTMF codes and you have not changed the default factory code, someone can send your radio the kill or stun code and lock up your radio.

I recoved from the kill setting using CHIRP and reloading the initial factory setting image.  I also reset all on the radio after it was restored.

You adjust the DTMF settings in CHIRP.  I suspect that there may be a bug in CHIRP for my radio and DTMF.  I changed the factory code at a minimum and have not had an issue.

CHIRP give the 20V2 the option to disable all TX and RX of DTMF codes with a check box.  This may be the cause of my killed radio.  It seems when I have the boxes checked i increase the odds of the radio being killed.  Uncheck those boxes, no issue.  I have not tried it out since the latest series of CHIRP updates.

I dont use the BTech CPS so I do not know if there are other options or better ones. 

1 hour ago, WRWE456 said:

According to the KG-1000Gplus manual "To reactivate a killed radio send the kill sequence again".

Says the same thing in the KG-UV9P manual that's supposed to be the parent manual for the KG-UV9GX. I did this too, as apparently, from what I read you do it on the affected device.

2 hours ago, sjl777 said:

The Btech GMRS 20V2 mobile will tell you when the radio has been killed.  I had it happen to me several times.  If your radio is setup to receive DTMF codes and you have not changed the default factory code, someone can send your radio the kill or stun code and lock up your radio.

I recovered from the kill setting using CHIRP and reloading the initial factory setting image.  I also reset all on the radio after it was restored.

I reset my device, loaded my defaults in ChirpNext and did what I mentioned below first. I noticed an uptick in my tx power but, still not full power. I'm going to have a look at those other settings and see if that does anything as well, I just recently stopped those settings as well I believe but, I'll have to double check to be certain. I also have the default settings in the official Wouxun app, I just have to borrow a Winblows to do it though.  I want to do another Reset when I do it though, also, those codes your talking about, are they the same as the reset codes for the device? 

38 minutes ago, WRWE456 said:

I seriously doubt that any setting or feature in the radio is going to decrease the power output other than the power settings and built in power limits of low, medium and high power channels. I think you need to move on from that idea.

There's got to be a way to adjust those. The only one seemingly effected is the High power setting not reaching it's max power. Though I believe it did to begin with before I was able to get an SWR meter to check it with.