ham repeaters on TD-h8

6 minutes ago, WRXP381 said:

TIDRADIO TD-H8 Ham Radio 10Watt 2500mAh Battery Capacity Solid Performance Handheld Two-Way Radio Wireless Programming Modul.  

I guess I was confused with the td-h8 ham radio 🤔

I think it is the manufacturer’s fault:

IMG_3782.thumb.png.a147315fbc969123daa4e84d9812fddb.png

https://www.amazon.com/TIDRADIO-TD-F9GP-Handheld-Upgraded-Kits-Black/dp/B091K1G9FZ

Apparently there is confusion afoot, mayhaps since there is no distinguishing difference in the model number. It's just an H8. Baofeng, for example, has the UV-5R and the UV-5G. From Tidradio's website, they don't seem to have a lot of depth in their numbering system:

image.thumb.png.ab655cbd910cb0891b4bbdf854656b8c.png

Not only is there no distinction in model number, there is no distinction in function, assuming you RTFM and discover a certain key combination held at power on allows the operator to change this radio between Gmrs, ham, or ALL…. But yet, if you buy the one that says “Gmrs” it actually has a part 95E type acceptance 🤨

So here's the deal with the H8. it is both a ham radio AND a GMRS radio. depending on which model you buy, you'll be shipped a version with a firmware version for each. But it doesn't matter as far as the harware goes. There's a key press at startup that'll put your radio into either Ham, GMRS, or fully unlocked mode..

The TD-H8 is the radio that I use full time. I operate mine in unlocked mode with "software tuneups" that make it do 10.5-13 watts.

If you have questions about how to work with an H8, I'm your guy.