Where to mount

My replacement rig for the Subaru that got totaled in late January is a 2017 Ford Focus - yeah.  In the Sube I just screwed it on the dash.

Radio is a Btech 25X4, so its got a small footprint, but all the surfaces in this car make the dash impossible to see or access the radio because it would be at a weird angle, and keeping it out of the sun on a hot day is a good idea anyway.

The radio is about 4 x 2 x 5 in size at roughly 1 lb.

Would mounting this through the headliner work ok in your opinion?

Right now, its just sharing the two center consoles cupholders facing up and flopping around some in that hole.  It works, but its not the best.

Curious on ideas and/or how you did a mount in a weird location.

33 minutes ago, WRZK593 said:

Could you tuck it between the seat and center console? 🙆‍♂️

That might work.  Ive had the car less than a week and not spent much time in it yet to think about that spot at all, so will assess that possibility tomorrow.

I do know that spot is normally a micro black hole.  Drop a pen, a Bic lighter, your wallet, change, your ex wife...

You never get it back out again.  You can almost touch it digging in, but it just moves a bit, you never get a grip on it, and just when you think you have it, it slips and you never see it again.

The headliner will not hold screws. They are usually made of heavy cardboard foam and fabric.

Every car is different and most modern cars are very hard to find a place to mount radios.

Here is Lido's site. I found a cup holder mount that works for my truck. You may have to get creative to find a solution.

https://www.lidoradio.com/

22 hours ago, WRXR255 said:

That might work.  Ive had the car less than a week and not spent much time in it yet to think about that spot at all, so will assess that possibility tomorrow.

I do know that spot is normally a micro black hole.  Drop a pen, a Bic lighter, your wallet, change, your ex wife...

You never get it back out again.  You can almost touch it digging in, but it just moves a bit, you never get a grip on it, and just when you think you have it, it slips and you never see it again.

Um. For a second I thought you were talking about my mind. 

29 minutes ago, WRTC971 said:

Here's an option that I came across while cruising the web. https://www.radioddity.com/products/radioddity-rh1-cup-holder-radio-mount

It's only $25, so won't it break the bank. Always hard to figure out where to mount a radio. Need it to be readable and accessible without issues.

I went with a Lido that looks similar at the same price point.  It does not have two arms like that one, but the single will work for me better on the placement and angle I want it at.  Mainly out of the way of the shifter, but also won't be in the way or constantly being hit or bumped from whomever is riding shotgun.

Supposed to be here tomorrow.