Find nearby myGMRS.com users

WSCB811

I noticed that on myGMRS you can view a user’s location by lookin up their call sign. Is there a “reverse” function of this? In other words, view a list of call signs / myGMRS users in a specified area? Would be cool to be able to add some local users on this website, but also understandable if this feature would be considered a privacy concern….

2 minutes ago, WSCB811 said:

I noticed that on myGMRS you can view a user’s location by lookin up their call sign. Is there a “reverse” function of this? In other words, view a list of call signs / myGMRS users in a specified area? Would be cool to be able to add some local users on this website, but also understandable if this feature would be considered a privacy concern….

Yes, the fcc license search. 

5 minutes ago, WSCH851 said:

I’m in Florida but my address is in NJ through Ham Registry.

It’s possible to do as mentioned, but most have a P.O. Box or,,,, etc  

KF7JKO/WSCH851

That sure makes it more difficult to find GMRS users within hamregistry’s zip code, but those are the folks who don’t want to be found anyway.

15 minutes ago, gortex2 said:

Agree. Not sure why one would want to know who is around them ? I wouldnt answer if someone called me on the radio unless it was family or close friend.

Same here.

1 hour ago, gortex2 said:

Agree. Not sure why one would want to know who is around them ? I wouldnt answer if someone called me on the radio unless it was family or close friend.

They might want to mail them all a letter asking about any interest in forming a GMRS club.