myGMRS Network Shutting Down August 28th, 2024

rdunajewski

8 hours ago, Lscott said:

This raging debate reminds me of the one over the FCC dropping the CW testing requirements for Ham licenses.

Death of the hobby, wasn't it???  (or was that FT8???)  I'm already seeing a friend of mine posting in the Amateur FB Pages how this FCC going after linked GMRS repeaters is a boon to the ARS, and how we need to "mobilize" our clubs to reach out to GMRS users who can't talk to their friends far(s) away and explain to them they should all be Hams!  Well, the 2m repeaters might actually start getting more used there, but it doesn't sway me as I spend 99.995% of my amateur time on HF and my GMRS usage is about 95% simplex person to person with occasional repeater use if I'm away from home but wanna call the wife w/o digging out the phone...

8 hours ago, marcspaz said:

The thing I hear the most is "you're not a real Ham if you don't know CW." And my favorite is the guy on the repeater saying "I only operate on CW.", but 10 minutes before that he was (on the repeater) bragging about making 3,000 contacts on FT8 last night. LoL

You're not a real ham unless you have a license, period in my book.

Or, you're not a real ham unless you're on 60 meters talking to Europe at night on CW and Phone - and FT8!  LOL.

8 hours ago, marcspaz said:

but 10 minutes before that he was (on the repeater) bragging about making 3,000 contacts on FT8 last night. LoL

Better get on there and castigate him - remind him that FT8 uses more than 2 tones, so not CW....!  See how quickly you can bring out the SadHam in him!

9 hours ago, marcspaz said:

The thing I hear the most is "you're not a real Ham if you don't know CW." And my favorite is the guy on the repeater saying "I only operate on CW.", but 10 minutes before that he was (on the repeater) bragging about making 3,000 contacts on FT8 last night. LoL

I used the below in few posts back then. A few Hams couldn't see the humor in it and got rather pissed.

"You ask what Morse Code is good for? I'll tell you. Morse
Code is used exclusively by Electronics Based Life Forms to
communicate amongst themselves using advanced Organic
Digital Signal Processors, running state of the art Artificial
Intelligence Software, to perform the highly complex
transmit encryption, receive decryption and error correction
functions."

3 hours ago, Davichko5650 said:

You're not a real ham unless you have a license, period in my book.

Or, you're not a real ham unless you're on 60 meters talking to Europe at night on CW and Phone - and FT8!  LOL.

I thought to be a real ham, you had to be on 80m complaining about medical ailments, and the invasive procedure of the week....

Guess I'm not quite there yet 😂

On 8/22/2024 at 9:45 PM, OffRoaderX said:

Can you name those parts of the country, and specify who decided it "was" a problem and spiraling out of control?

They never can. Its all made up in their vivid imagination. You would have to believe that UHF has some special propogation power that they can hear linking on all 8 channels at their location. Nobody is going to that expense to saturate the channels.

On 8/22/2024 at 3:44 PM, WRUE951 said:

if you dont think complaints have not been lodged with the FCC in regards to the ongoing illegal repeater linking in the GMRS band,, you are very numb and asleep...  The 'afoot' movement you speak of is defiantly part of the complaint process currently in progress..   I proudly admit, i'm one of those individuals.   The FCC has already allocated space in the frequency spectrum for repeater linking.  I advise you folks to move your operations over to the side of the fence where the practice is legal and also managed by experts and has rules already established.  It's that simple and very easy to 'be happy'  

So you happily make complaints to the FCC? You would have made a great German in the 1930's.

This must be some sort of California mental disorder.

Seriously, where did the RF hurt you?

On 8/22/2024 at 9:25 PM, WRUE951 said:

lets start with eastern states and a couple mid west states.   Specifically in those parts where you find massive repeaters under a single license.  I'm sure if you looks at the network maps you getter a clear picture.   But know you will find many are dropping of the map recently, meaning problem is disappearing.  Most likely because a 'stern' message obviousley by the FCC was deployed   😅  

You live in California...

Explain to everyone how something that geographically can NEVER effect you, has hurt you so badly that you need to run and tattle?

Not enough affection form daddy when you were goring up? Gee, I wonder why...

8 hours ago, JLeikhim said:

They never can. Its all made up in their vivid imagination. You would have to believe that UHF has some special propogation power that they can hear linking on all 8 channels at their location. Nobody is going to that expense to saturate the channels.

Not linked, but someone here reported that there was a locality where one licensee had 5 or 6 GMRS repeater channels tied up.  There are such people and if it is allowed, somebody somewhere WILL do it.

Ham doesn't have that problem partly because ham has repeater coordination.  No such coordination scheme exists for GMRS nor can under current FCC regs.

22 minutes ago, WRKH730 said:

You live in California...

Explain to everyone how something that geographically can NEVER effect you, has hurt you so badly that you need to run and tattle?

Not enough affection form daddy when you were goring up? Gee, I wonder why...

explaining it to you would fly right over your head..   Try using a little common sense, you might get it.  (Hint)  We live in a free country.....   Ahhh fuk it,,  you'll never get it..   

34 minutes ago, WRKH730 said:

Drastic and Scary is the clown reporting people and things that have no bearing on their life to the government.

What a sad person you must be.

Oh trust me..  I'm happy as a jelly belly and always will..  I love humor and commedians and It's people like you that saves me tons of money.  I just come here when i want a free chuckle.   Keep up the good work, you are on your way to stardom  

So you happily make complaints to the FCC? You would have made a great German in the 1930's.
This must be some sort of California mental disorder.
Seriously, where did the RF hurt you?

Edit: this helps explain why California is so messed up. Some people.

11 hours ago, AdmiralCochrane said:

Not linked, but someone here reported that there was a locality where one licensee had 5 or 6 GMRS repeater channels tied up.  There are such people and if it is allowed, somebody somewhere WILL do it.

Ham doesn't have that problem partly because ham has repeater coordination.  No such coordination scheme exists for GMRS nor can under current FCC regs.

The problem with this whole thread and threads just like it elsewhere, is that folks complain about stuff that "happened to someone else" Anecdotal stories. I am not here to denigrate the sad hams. For the Sad Hams who need a definition of that: "while there was much anecdotal evidence there was little hard fact". But I won't mince words. Most of the complaints expressed on line are plain cow excrement. No one to date, has actually filed a complain with the FCC nor have the FCC noticed anyone for an apparent violation (FCC terms) . If you have such hard evidence, post it here. Dare ya.....

1 hour ago, JLeikhim said:

No one to date, has actually filed a complain with the FCC 

This is where you are wrong… Dead Wrong!  Many have filed complaints regarding GMRS repeater linking.      Talk about cow manure,  how long you been spreading the stuff?  

23 minutes ago, WRUE951 said:

This is where you are wrong… Dead Wrong!  Many have filed complaints regarding GMRS repeater linking.      Talk about cow manure,  how long you been spreading the stuff?  

I dont think he's been spreading it as long as you have been spreading yours.  You have been challenged REPEATEDLY to provide a source for your claims, and 100% of the time, you have provided nothing more than name calling in response.

HOWEVER- I would guess that complaints have actually been filed - Filing a complaint with the FCCs is simple and i would also GUESS that they receive hundreds, if not thousands of complaints for various things every day.  What matters is how many complaints [related to GMRS] does the FCCs ACT ON... and, based on the FCCs public enforcement database that anyone can search through, the answer is, virtually 0 ..

1 hour ago, WRUE951 said:

Post a copy of the FCC complaint you have already filed regarding harm some specific GMRS linking has caused you. I will eat crow. But no fake stuff please, it will be verified...

9 hours ago, OffRoaderX said:

I dont think he's been spreading it as long as you have been spreading yours.  You have been challenged REPEATEDLY to provide a source for your claims, and 100% of the time, you have provided nothing more than name calling in response.

HOWEVER- I would guess that complaints have actually been filed - Filing a complaint with the FCCs is simple and i would also GUESS that they receive hundreds, if not thousands of complaints for various things every day.  What matters is how many complaints [related to GMRS] does the FCCs ACT ON... and, based on the FCCs public enforcement database that anyone can search through, the answer is, virtually 0 ..

Randy,,, whats wrong with you???  The source of my claims have slapped you in the face literally the last several months..  You know, the same sources you use to make your videos on this linking topic?   You are appositely right,  complaints have actually been filed and thousands of them, thank you for clearing that up..   You and I both know the FCC responds in funny ways once they get them..   They always say, tremors hit before every earthquake. The FCC has caused some small 'tremors' lately regarding the use of repeater linking in the GMRS frequencies,  again you've made videos pointing that out.   Now if you're wondering when the 'Big One' will hit,,  I can't predict that, but like 'you', i will sit back and watch..   In the meantime,,  the problems that i've been complaining about is slowly gong away.  A few stragglers, Yup,,  and those will be the one's that may become famous in your far reaching acclaimed enforcement database..    Do you have popcorn Randy????  i'll gladly send you a bag.    

8 hours ago, JLeikhim said:

Post a copy of the FCC complaint you have already filed regarding harm some specific GMRS linking has caused you. I will eat crow. But no fake stuff please, it will be verified...

throw your shovel away and stop while you can..  You're gonna end up so deep you'll never get out..   Use your head and stop talking out of your a$$  

4 hours ago, WRUE951 said:

throw your shovel away and stop while you can..  You're gonna end up so deep you'll never get out..   Use your head and stop talking out of your a$$  

OK troll. You are so full of BS it is now time to flush PLONK, there goes the ignore button. You are the first on this forum for me. Bye bye....