#21 mbrun

mbrun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WRHS965

Posted 08 September 2020 - 03:26 PM

I personally would like to see us stop using all the proprietary and manufacturer specific names such as PL, DPL, QT, QC, etc... and instead just use generic terms such as “Squelch Tone” or “Squelch Code”. They are actually more descriptive as to what they are and do. I would also favor of all manufactures just displaying the code value rather than the proprietary number they assign to it.

YMMV

Michael
WRHS965

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#22 berkinet

berkinet

Senior expert on absolutely nothing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WQYR510
  • Ham Callsign:WB6TAE

Posted 08 September 2020 - 03:41 PM

Nice idea, never gonna happen. Proprietary terms like PL have been around as long as VHF and UHF FM radios and are in common use in commercial radio and ham radio. Besides, and speaking just for myself... I am a lousy typist, especially on a phone, and PL is just a whole lot easier to type than CTCSS.

End of my 2¢

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

-- Marcus Aurelius

#23 H8SPVMT

H8SPVMT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC
  • GMRS Callsign:WRJF317

Posted 12 September 2020 - 09:04 AM

"Quiet Codes" or "Private Codes" above 39 on your Midland will be DCS/DCG/DPL digital tone... whatever.

Read your MXT400 owner's manual.  There is a chart that will tell you which codes are what.

Thank you and I have to remember to get the code listed onto the correct channel.  I seem to have a problem "paying attention to the details" but practice is paying off.

I did print out both for (Channel listing and CTCSS and DCS) quick reference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users