Login required

almiz

Question

On the repeater descriptions under the maps tab it often says 'login required'. 

What does that mean? And how do you do it?

Does it refer to the weekend regional and national net?  What about general use any day any time?

Anything to do with this site log in?

Thx.

Almiz

WRKF434

16 answers to this question

On 1/22/2021 at 5:00 PM, almiz said:

Does it refer to the weekend regional and national net?  What about general use any day any time?

Thx.

Almiz

WRKF434

Mygmrs.com and forums.mygmrs.com are two separate websites with two different log ins. If you log in to forums.mygmrs.com and then go back to the maps on mygmrs.com, you are still not logged in to mygmrs.com. It gets confusing the way it is set up. In order to see the tones, you will have to have an account and log in to "mygmrs.com" NOT forums.mygmrs.com.

Thx.

Almiz

WRKF434

MyGMRS requires a username and password to log in to see repeater information. To obtain a username and password you must submit your callsign and fill out the registration page. Your callsign will be confirmed through the FCC database (this may take a few days if you just received your callsign) and your account will become active.

This process was done to reduce the number of unlicensed operators as well as malicious operations upon repeaters that were listed. Note that your MyGMRS account is not the same as the MyGMRS forums (To my knowledge) so you will need to register on both sides to use both the forums and the main site.

OK thx. I am (I was) with you on everything you said.

In fact I did web site login, got repeater permission, etc.

It appeared from the maps page  that I then had to login somwhere before I  turned on my radio and activated the repeater channel. Guess I read too much into it.

Thx again.

OK thx. I am (I was) with you on everything you said.

In fact I did web site login, got repeater permission, etc.

It appeared from the maps page  that I then had to login somwhere before I  turned on my radio and activated the repeater channel. Guess I read too much into it.

Thx again.

By any chance do you know the name of the repeater so I may see first hand, perhaps I am misunderstanding what you meant by username and password?

The repeater is Mercer County. Go to the MAP tab/page and click on the specific  repeater.  It says LOGIN REQUIRED.

Is that located in Lawrenceville, NJ? It's the only "Mercer County" repeater in the entire database. If so, I have no problem seeing the frequency and CTCSS tone codes.

But I did have to login mygmrs.com to allow me to see that data.

23 minutes ago, WRXI335 said:

Just login or sign up as instructed to access the internal items on the websites.

This.  I'll note that somewhere around the time of the original post (I forget if it was before or after) the logins between the two parts of the site were unified. 

One may still need to login to the main page again, as it doesn't carry between the two (afaik), but the login should be the same for main site or forum.