GMRS scan

dchemphill1

I use the Midland MXT275 in my Jeep. Any problem running the radio in scan mode all the time? I am not sure of channel use in my area

Thanks

No issue whatsoever. Just make sure the radio is off when you are not in the vehicle so it does not drain your battery.

During the past year I had my little GPS plugged in and left it one when I parked car during this covid crisis. I did not drive it for two weeks. When I went to get in, battery was dead dead.

Michael

WRHS965

KE8PLM

During the past year I had my little GPS plugged in and left it one when I parked car during this covid crisis. I did not drive it for two weeks. When I went to get in, battery was dead dead.

I've had the same problem but in my case the GPS was OFF! It seems that even when off the Garmin GPS still consumes a trickle of power keeping the internal battery charged...

...so after a few weeks it's drained enough to keep the engine from starting. Fortunately I carry a battery booster in my car so I can pop the hood, connect it up and start the car. It's especially bad during the sub-zero temperatures we've been having here in NW Indiana!

I've had the same problem but in my case the GPS was OFF! It seems that even when off the Garmin GPS still consumes a trickle of power keeping the internal battery charged...

...so after a few weeks it's drained enough to keep the engine from starting. Fortunately I carry a battery booster in my car so I can pop the hood, connect it up and start the car. It's especially bad during the sub-zero temperatures we've been having here in NW Indiana!

It does not help either when the battery in my Ford Escape is about the same size and capacity as my John Deere entry level garden tractor. . You’re right there is a draw, both for charge as well as the super-bright blue power indicator on power plug.

Michael

WRHS965

KE8PLM

Edit for spelling.

It does not help either when the battery in my Ford Escape is about the same size and capacity as my John Deere entry level garden tractor. 

Whereas the battery in my little four-banger engined Toyota Camry is larger and higher cranking amps that my previous Mercury Grand Marquis!

Whereas the battery in my little four-banger engined Toyota Camry is larger and higher cranking amps that my previous Mercury Grand Marquis!

I forgot to mention that I have installed a power monitor in line with the + (red) power wire from my battery. It monitors the voltage and will automatically shut off the power to my radio gear when the voltage drops to 12 vdc in case I forget to shut anything down...  ;)