New Forums

gortex2

There is/was something strange happening with certain accounts, I think where the email address stored in the forum did not match the email address on your myGMRS account. It would try to create a new forum account for you, then because the display name (username) was not unique, it would not allow it.

I made some changes but it's difficult to tell if it works for everyone now. Hopefully that fixes it all.

I merged your old and new accounts so you don't have the username with the "2" on the end anymore. 

So it looks like you're using two different email addresses. The old forums had a twcny.rr.com address, but you're logging in with a gmail address from myGMRS. Because of the mismatch, it's trying to create a new account for you and kb2ztx already exists (with the other email), so it wants you to pick something else.

Which email is correct, so I can fix that?

Seems this is a wider issue, because really you should not be able to just pick a new forum username -- you should be using your myGMRS account and that's it. Need to dig deeper into this issue.

Well, I was not able to get on the site at all yesterday, as the system kept wanting to "link" my two accounts...

...when I've never had but one account to begin with. Whatever was 'wrong' seems to have been fixed as I'm able to do a simple login as has always been the case.

As for the forum software, I was not unhappy with how it was, but I expect I'll get used to the "new look" eventually! :lol:

Well, I was not able to get on the site at all yesterday, as the system kept wanting to "link" my two accounts...
...when I've never had but one account to begin with. Whatever was 'wrong' seems to have been fixed as I'm able to do a simple login as has always been the case.
As for the forum software, I was not unhappy with how it was, but I expect I'll get used to the "new look" eventually! :lol:

That is how experienced folks build more brain connections. Change, change, change.

Michael
WRHS965
KE8PLM