Thanks to the GMRS Community

paul13

I wanted to thank the GMRS community for being there .

At 70 I was diagnosed with Advanced Prostrate Cancer and during a 42 times stretch of Radiation the last two months you guys broke the monotony of it all. 

Been into Hand Helds for awhile on the Border but just as a means of communication between guys who were working or hunting with me but during the Radiation stuck with the you sleep or your on the couch I started playing with the radio and found the Tucson reapeater which living by myself was a real God send and a little entertainment since TV sucks 

That led to getting my license,and starting to read,watching YouTube to get on the net.

Now I got a base station and a radio for my jeep to install.

Want to say Thanks again for the new hobby and being there even though you didn't know it

Paul R

Hereford AZ WRKZ773 

I wanted to thank the GMRS community for being there .
At 70 I was diagnosed with Advanced Prostrate Cancer and during a 42 times stretch of Radiation the last two months you guys broke the monotony of it all. 
Been into Hand Helds for awhile on the Border but just as a means of communication between guys who were working or hunting with me but during the Radiation stuck with the you sleep or your on the couch I started playing with the radio and found the Tucson reapeater which living by myself was a real God send and a little entertainment since TV sucks 
That led to getting my license,and starting to read,watching YouTube to get on the net.
Now I got a base station and a radio for my jeep to install.
Want to say Thanks again for the new hobby and being there even though you didn't know it
Paul R
Hereford AZ WRKZ773 

Good Day Paul.

Thanks for sharing your story. We are sorry to learn of your diagnosis, but glad that the community has been able to provide you comfort as you progress through your treatments.

Glad to hear also that you got yourself a base radio to get connected with folks in your area. Staying connected with the outside world can be a great comfort.

I wish you peace and comfort with your new hobby, and the best outcome from your treatments.

Take care and stay in touch here on the forum.

Michael
WRHS965
KE8PLM