Official/Unofficial GMRS Road/Travel Channel

DanW

GMRS Road/Travel Channel Poll  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Which channel should be the unofficial (or official) road/travel channel for GMRS?

• Channel 20 with CTCSS tone 141.3
    • Channel 20 simplex
    • Channel 19
    • Pie. (3.14.....)

2 minutes ago, OffRoaderX said:

I do a bit of off-roading and I dont know of any other off-readers that run any tones, unless/except when in some kind of large event.
Many that I know, myself included not only do not run any tones, but also scan all frequencies in case someone is calling for help.

Pretty much everyone I know personally... we all use the exact same methods.

23 minutes ago, OffRoaderX said:

are they/you guys in a noisy area?  Where we go there is usually zero radio traffic other than the few other off-readers nearby.

Occasionally a troll in the valleys will pop up when we are on top of the mountains, but even that is rare.  Unless there is a big event where we have 600-800 vehicles sharing 3,000 acres, everything is very quiet. 

GMRS used at the last couple of events I have attended with 200+ Jeeps have been quiet using only simplex.  Maybe the mountains have something to do with that also.

Still using CB's too on another event and the same lack of interference.  Other than that fella yellin "A-U-D-I-O" when we reach the mountain tops anyway....