Nobody

Guest Michael

Guest Michael

I have a quick question:

I went to get my FCC GMRS license yesterday. I have an FRN # and password... I believe I did everything correctly, but when it came time to pay... I entered my FRN#

and password, and selected credit card as a payment option... and it ended there. It would not let me pay for my license. Anyone know why?

Also, while on the FCC website, I briefly noted something about a red light, green light thing. Does anyone know what this is?

I had no idea applying for a GMRS radio license and call sign was such a big deal. Have any of you experienced this problem?

Thank-you, in advance for any advice or help anyone could offer me. I tried to call the helpline number provided several times, but nobody would answer the phone... strange.

6 hours ago, Guest Michael said:

I have a quick question:

I went to get my FCC GMRS license yesterday. I have an FRN # and password... I believe I did everything correctly, but when it came time to pay... I entered my FRN#

and password, and selected credit card as a payment option... and it ended there. It would not let me pay for my license. Anyone know why?

Also, while on the FCC website, I briefly noted something about a red light, green light thing. Does anyone know what this is?

I had no idea applying for a GMRS radio license and call sign was such a big deal. Have any of you experienced this problem?

Thank-you, in advance for any advice or help anyone could offer me. I tried to call the helpline number provided several times, but nobody would answer the phone... strange.

When I got to the payment page it wouldn’t appear correctly.  I called the toll free number on the ULS site and a nice lady there was very unsurprised.  Apparently that happens a lot.  She led me to another page where I could pay and it worked very well.

Just thought I would let everyone know, that I tried to submit payment again this morning... and it WORKED!!

Thank-you, for your replies and help. Does anyone know how long it takes, to receive your Call sign in the mail?

Guest Guest WRPE426

I ran into the same issue as you yesterday.  I submitted my application, but had trouble with the payment section.  A couple of hours after submitting my application I was able to pay the fee.  I received my callsign early this morning via email.

4 hours ago, Guest Nobody said:

how long it takes, to receive your Call sign in the mail

If you mean regular mail, like USPS, it is not going to happen. FCC stopped sending paper licenses with callsigns for ham and GMRS about decade ago. You can print your license if you log in into your account with your FRN number.

1 hour ago, rdunajewski said:

"If you build it, they will pay."  - Anonymous

Who knows, we might also include the frame! :)

"Certified myGMRS Authentic"

I hear you can get the guy for cheap who forged State Seals on the State Electoral College Documents incorrectly claiming to the National Archives that the Trump Electors won; but you gotta act fast, before he goes on trial! ?

W7ML QRZ Official.jpeg

32 minutes ago, MichaelLAX said:

I hear you can get the guy for cheap who forged State Seals on the State Electoral College Documents incorrectly claiming to the National Archives that the Trump Electors won; but you gotta act fast, before he goes on trial! ?

The guy who does the small rectangular paper slips with Ben Franklin's portrait on them does business too. It all depends on who he works for, the Fed's or himself.