Help with VXR-7000 Repeater setup

briancs

• 5 months later...
On 2/11/2022 at 9:56 PM, OffRoaderX said:

I have never messed with any of those settings on my 7000.. For me, those are in the "if you dont know what they do, dont F with them" category..

The only other thing you might want to enable is the Courtesy Blip, aka the RRB or Repeater Roger Beep.

The narrowband thing is a PITB .. To get around it you have to set your computer clock back to something like 2003 before you open the software - then you can keep your wideband setting.

Tuscaloosa Dumpling...HAHA

• 3 months later...
On 2/11/2022 at 4:19 AM, WyoJoe said:

Do you have a programming cable and the necessary software for programming the repeater? Assuming you have a suitable computer and the aforementioned software and cable, the programming of the repeater is pretty simple. The CE-27 software is needed, but I used the -d switch for the executable to allow it to enter "dealer" mode. In my case, the executable file is CE27Win.exe, so I ran it as "CE27Win.exe -d" to access the dealer mode. I believe this was required to allow me to set the repeater to wide band. It's probably obvious that since the executable file is an exe extension, it is intended to run on Windows. I actually use mine in Linux with WINE set up for Windows compatibility.

The next thing you'll want to do is to read the programming from the repeater and then save the original file. Immediately rename the file to something else so the original file does not become corrupted. I usually include the date that I saved the file in the file name so I can see when the file was created.

Once you've renamed the file, you can edit the table to enter the values you want to use. You have 16 channels to choose from, and can add CTCSS and/or DCS codes for the transmit and receive frequencies, adjust power levels, set wide/narrow options and simplex/duplex options, among other things as desired. Once you have it set as desired, save it again, then write it to the repeater.

Here's how I have mine programmed currently:

image.thumb.png.7e9d436c00d56e0163401957bbbb9f68.png

I am using a duplexer tuned to the 462.625/467.625 frequency pair, so as you can see, most of the channels are programmed for that pair's Tx and Rx frequencies. I did this to give me a lot of options for tones and power settings. Channels 15 and 16 are one step above or below, just in case I need to set the repeater to a different frequency pair which should work okay with the duplexer.

The first eight channels are set for either high or low power for each of four CTCSS decoder (receive) codes. If desired, encoder codes can also be set, but mine are set to "off" (no code used). Channels 9-12 use DCS  for decoder codes instead of CTCSS, and again are programmed for high and low power for each of the DCS codes used. The CW-ID option is set for all channels because I've programmed my call sign into the repeater and set it to ID every 15 minutes. This can be configured in the CW-ID section of the "common" menu. I don't recall whether or not I changed any of the other settings, but the settings shown are working for me.

I hope this helps.

with the programmming of the CW-ID how did you do that?  i just see an option for activating it not actually programming the morse code   how would i go about doing that?

56 minutes ago, WROC658 said:

with the programmming of the CW-ID how did you do that?  i just see an option for activating it not actually programming the morse code   how would i go about doing that?

Click on the "Common" option on top of the programming screen, then select CW-ID. Change the CW-ID field to what you want sent out as code. Also check the interval timer for how often you want CW-ID to be sent. 900 seconds = every 15 minutes.

vrx.JPG

Do you have a programming cable and the necessary software for programming the repeater? Assuming you have a suitable computer and the aforementioned software and cable, the programming of the repeater is pretty simple. The CE-27 software is needed, but I used the -d switch for the executable to allow it to enter "dealer" mode. In my case, the executable file is CE27Win.exe, so I ran it as "CE27Win.exe -d" to access the dealer mode. I believe this was required to allow me to set the repeater to wide band. It's probably obvious that since the executable file is an exe extension, it is intended to run on Windows. I actually use mine in Linux with WINE set up for Windows compatibility.
The next thing you'll want to do is to read the programming from the repeater and then save the original file. Immediately rename the file to something else so the original file does not become corrupted. I usually include the date that I saved the file in the file name so I can see when the file was created.
Once you've renamed the file, you can edit the table to enter the values you want to use. You have 16 channels to choose from, and can add CTCSS and/or DCS codes for the transmit and receive frequencies, adjust power levels, set wide/narrow options and simplex/duplex options, among other things as desired. Once you have it set as desired, save it again, then write it to the repeater.
Here's how I have mine programmed currently:
http://files.mygmrs.com/forums/monthly_2022_02/image.thumb.png.7e9d436c00d56e0163401957bbbb9f68.png
I am using a duplexer tuned to the 462.625/467.625 frequency pair, so as you can see, most of the channels are programmed for that pair's Tx and Rx frequencies. I did this to give me a lot of options for tones and power settings. Channels 15 and 16 are one step above or below, just in case I need to set the repeater to a different frequency pair which should work okay with the duplexer.
The first eight channels are set for either high or low power for each of four CTCSS decoder (receive) codes. If desired, encoder codes can also be set, but mine are set to "off" (no code used). Channels 9-12 use DCS  for decoder codes instead of CTCSS, and again are programmed for high and low power for each of the DCS codes used. The CW-ID option is set for all channels because I've programmed my call sign into the repeater and set it to ID every 15 minutes. This can be configured in the CW-ID section of the "common" menu. I don't recall whether or not I changed any of the other settings, but the settings shown are working for me.
I hope this helps.

How exactly do you get it into -d dealer mode ?
Thank you for you help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...
On 2/20/2022 at 2:58 PM, alexd51 said:

CE27_Setup_USA_1_08

What version are you using? CE27_Setup_USA_1_08? or CE27_Setup_EXP_1_08? The /m works with the EXP version never tried with the USA version.
You can find either version if you have a Motorola tech account but they don't give access to any John Doe even though the VXR 7000 is already a out of life product. They should make it public but of course they wont. Thank God for a good friend that is a Tech and provided me with a copy of the EXP....Hint, Hint

I installed CE27_Setup_USA_1_08 version. Some of the programming fields are grey - not active. I cannot set CW ID to be active. How do I activate manufacturer mode? I tried to add /m switch but it just give me errors.

BTW, I downloaded free version of this software from internet - perhaps is not a full version?

Any ideas? 

• 4 months later...