BTECH

I got a email today from BTECH . They have got a new GMRS radio now. It’s the V2 . Basically the V1 one that can store 200 modified GMRS channels and they are saying that it has a high out put of 5watts. I have 3 of the v1 GMRS radios . I got mine when BTECH changed the or reduced the power output of the V1 down to 2 watts on high. Mine all hit at 4.97 watts.

Just wanted to know if any of you guys knew about the V2 yet ? Also wanted to know your thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, WRQK522 said:

I got a email today from BTECH . They have got a new GMRS radio now. It’s the V2 . Basically the V1 one that can store 200 modified GMRS channels and they are saying that it has a high out put of 5watts. I have 3 of the v1 GMRS radios . I got mine when BTECH changed the or reduced the power output of the V1 down to 2 watts on high. Mine all hit at 4.97 watts.

Just wanted to know if any of you guys knew about the V2 yet ? Also wanted to know your thoughts.

Hadn't seen it yet, actually....I don't get their emails even though I've bought from them before, evidently.

I'll give them credit for getting with the program, though. They were a really compelling option when they were basically the only thing in the gap between Midland and the LMR gear, but they were falling behind with a lot more flexibility in Radioddity, Anytone, Wouxun, and Retevis gear that's on the market now. 

Curious to see if there'll be changes coming to the 50x1 as well to open that up too.

That’s one of the first good reviews I have seen on a Baofeng GMRS radio in a long time. I’m thinking about ordering one.
I have several HT GMRS radio including a Wouxun KG805G. As far as range and sound can’t tell the difference between the V1 and the KG805G.
The V2 seems like it would be a little easier to work with repeater then V1 one or Wouxun. For the price honestly I think it might be a decent radio. Also I don’t think the v1 has a IP rating. The V2 has the IP54 rating .
It’s not submersible i also don’t plan on using it while swimming.

Seems like a nice radio.

Wonder if they will put firmware update out for the v1.

Personally, I have 2x of the v1s and they do the job. So I won't be upgrading. Now if they charge me like $15 for a firmware upgrade (which I hope they have but don't charge for) I would consider it.

They radio it is based on always has been rock solid for ham use, for at me atleast.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Seems like a nice radio.

Wonder if they will put firmware update out for the v1.

Personally, I have 2x of the v1s and they do the job. So I won't be upgrading. Now if they charge me like $15 for a firmware upgrade (which I hope they have but don't charge for) I would consider it.

They radio it is based on always has been rock solid for ham use, for at me atleast.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Can't. The V1 has a "write once" firmware. Once burned into the chip, it's there forever.

Sent from my SM-A125U using Tapatalk

I haven’t ordered my V2 yet . I’m seriously considering buying one . I’m just kinda waiting to see the new Wouxun and a few reviews on it . Before I decide on buying the V2 . The Wouxun KG-S88G . It is supposed to be a more rugged radio. IP67 rating. Cost about $70 more then the V2 .
Although anything Wouxun comes out with in GMRS you almost got to wait a year before you can get your hands on it .
All and all I think that the V2 is a good value for a GMRS plus it’s IP54 rating will cover anything that I will put a radio through. I can also buy extra batteries fairly easily and cheap plus I have 3 v1 radios, that I can switch parts for etc. think I just talked myself back into buying the V2