What channels, if any, can I communicate on without using my call sign? KG-935G

WRFH675

Question

At times I use the radios to communicate around the house. I’d like to do that without having to use my call sign if that’s possible. Channels 8-14 are set to low power, would those be the ones I should use?

8 answers to this question

Yes, channels 8-14 would definitely be the way to go. 
Low power on the KG-935G on those channels with the rubber duck antenna is same as low power from any Walmart variety FRS radio on those same channels
...so I say why not.   

1 hour ago, OffRoaderX said:

According to the FCC, if you are using a GMRS radio, thou must use your callsign on all channels, regardless of the power-output you have set.

The question is, will they care if you dont.. and according to the FCC's enforcement database, they don't.

It’s impossible for them to even know. It’s a victimless and harmless violation that can’t be detected. The very epitome of government uselessness. 

5 hours ago, OffRoaderX said:

According to the FCC, if you are using a GMRS radio, thou must use your callsign on all channels, regardless of the power-output you have set.

The question is, will they care if you dont.. and according to the FCC's enforcement database, they don't.

ANY CHANCE THE KG-935G CAN BE UNLOCKED TO TRANSMIT OUTSIDE GMRS?

7 hours ago, TOM47 said:

ANY CHANCE THE KG-935G CAN BE UNLOCKED TO TRANSMIT OUTSIDE GMRS?

Not that I’ve found, Tom, but the KG-UV8h appears to be a ham version that might be able to be used on GMRS frequencies also according to the comments accompanying this video:

4 hours ago, Sshannon said:

Not that I’ve found, Tom, but the KG-UV8h appears to be a ham version that might be able to be used on GMRS frequencies also according to the comments accompanying this video:

I HAVE A FEW KG-UV9D MATE'S THAT WILL DO ALL AND MORE.  https://www.buytwowayradios.com/wouxun-kg-uv9d-mate-kit.html

Edited by TOM47
ADD LINK