Repeater frequencies

WRUJ544

Question

18 answers to this question

2 hours ago, WRUJ544 said:

My local repeater is 462.600 according to my GMRS.  do I use Gmrs channel 17(462.600) or do I use channel 17rp (467.600)? My thinking is channel 17 (462.600) but I can’t get it to work any help Is appreciated. 

17RP (467.600) - RP is for repeater.  As Axorlov explained you need to transmit on the repeater input frequency and receive on the repeater transmit frequency 

10 hours ago, WRUJ544 said:

My local repeater is 462.600 according to my GMRS.  do I use Gmrs channel 17(462.600) or do I use channel 17rp (467.600)? My thinking is channel 17 (462.600) but I can’t get it to work any help Is appreciated. 

Help is easier when you tell us which radio you are using.

5 hours ago, TNRonin said:

I usually let people be people, but did you go of your meds? Seriously, you are repeatedly getting on discussions, and acting in a manner that is consistently antisocial, and lacking the common courtesy.

He is correct though, it would be easier to help if we knew what radio the guy was using.. And I prefer his direct and to-the-point replies to the 5-10 paragraph uncecessarily-complicated answers that always include a full resume of the person leaving the reply as well as a list of all the radios they own.

I guess we all have different want/needs in forum replies..

He is correct though, it would be easier to help if we knew what radio the guy was using.. And I prefer his direct and to-the-point replies to the 5-10 paragraph uncecessarily-complicated answers that always include a full resume and list of all the radios owned.
I guess we all have different want/needs in forum replies..
I don't mind the direct style, BUT not the demeaning style (as I, and many other perceive it).

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, TNRonin said:

I usually let people be people, but did you go of your meds? Seriously, you are repeatedly getting on discussions, and acting in a manner that is consistently antisocial, and lacking the common courtesy.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

Last time I checked you offered the OP no help...

9 hours ago, BoxCar said:

In this discussion the radio make isn't important...

Really?!?  

I know of at least three different radios that can be programmed completely differently to be able to hit a repeater on this frequency.

And last time I checked, you didn't offer the OP any help either!

12 hours ago, MichaelLAX said:

I know of at least three different radios that can be programmed completely differently to be able to hit a repeater on this frequency.

Really. He said it was channel 17 or 17R. That's pretty obvious and no need to know which radio it is. He even posted the frequencies. Go back to your basement now. 

6 hours ago, gortex2 said:

Really. He said it was channel 17 or 17R. That's pretty obvious and no need to know which radio it is. He even posted the frequencies. Go back to your basement now. 

Et tu @gortex2?

Criticize all you want, but at least offer the OP some assistance during your busy day!

On 9/4/2022 at 9:38 PM, WRUJ544 said:

Without knowing which specific radio you have, if you have a HT or mobile GMRS and since you are unable to confirm being able to hit Elliot Knob 600 from Covington:

• Add the CTCSS tone of 123.0 to your Output (do not put any tone in to receive for now) on Channel 25 (sometimes known as Channel 17R depending upon your radio); and

• Drive out towards Buffalo Gap to see if you can access the Elliot Knob 600 repeater.

• Once you confirm that Elliot Knob 600 works for you, then antenna suggestions can help you to hit it from home.

IMG_4452.jpg

I am sure that @TNRonin, @BoxCar and @gortex2 would have given you some helpful advice, if they had gotten their heads out of their past! ?

Without knowing which specific radio you have, if you have a HT or mobile GMRS and since you are unable to confirm being able to hit Elliot Knob 600 from Covington:
• Add the CTCSS tone of 123.0 to your Output (do not put any tone in to receive for now) on Channel 25 (sometimes known as Channel 17R depending upon your radio); and
• Drive out towards Buffalo Gap to see if you can access the Elliot Knob 600 repeater.
• Once you confirm that Elliot Knob 600 works for you, then antenna suggestions can help you to hit it from home.
IMG_4452.thumb.jpg.52c5a91b3401d800a568ebc0c00525e4.jpg
I am sure that [mention=7911]TNRonin[/mention], [mention=2074]BoxCar[/mention] and [mention=397]gortex2[/mention] would have given you some helpful advice, if they had gotten their heads out of their past! 
Dude for have issues. I feel sorry for your family.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Sshannon said:

The OP asked one question, whether to use channel 17 or 17RP to talk to his repeater.  It was answered in a straightforward post (use 17 RP) almost immediately afterwards.

Why are you guys fighting over this? Go to your rooms.

Yes, and I answered the exact question asked. The code goes in the memory for channel 17rp. The radio make and model have no bearing on which memory gets the code.

39 minutes ago, Sshannon said:

The OP asked one question, whether to use channel 17 or 17RP to talk to his repeater.  It was answered in a straightforward post (use 17 RP) almost immediately afterwards.

Why are you guys fighting over this? Go to your rooms.

It is a fair question that deserves a fair answer.

Most Newbies do not know how to ask the correct question to solve their problem; hence why the are Newbies.

Perhaps I should have left it to the two posts that answered the literal question posted by the OP and stayed out of this thread - as no good deed goes unpunished!.

But in my experience of helping many Newbies on this Forum in their attempts to find and use nearby repeaters (most of which are far away from my location), I have come to understand how to read Newbie questions to answer them more broadly that how they are asked.

In this thread, it was clear to me that the OP had little or no knowledge of how to access his local repeater, and to help keep the answers confined to his circumstance, I suggested that help would be easier if we knew his radio.

Two Bullies came out of the woodwork and came to this thread to dump on me and call me names without a word of help to the OP and one of them doubled down with his name calling ("off my meds, go to the basement, feel sorry for my family') -- these are not pertinent comments to someone offering actual help!

That being said, I showed a clear example of one radio that accesses that repeater as Channel 25 and then discussed the exact CTCSS code that the OP will need to gain access to his repeater -- 123.0. Information that is essential to the OP's desire to be able to use that repeater.

Sometimes an exact answer is not enough...