Unlocking the Baofeng GM15 Pro

WRWE744

• 7 months later...

I'd like to "somewhat" unlock mine as well.  I'm using the Radiodity GM-30 software (the only one that works as of now) and I can program tones and such, but all of the other memories are pretty much locked.  The DIY memories can be renamed, but the TX/RX frequencies can't be changed.  You can add some RX only frequencies into memory, but no TX that's not already programmed.  I'd like to program in some repeaters local to where I travel along with appropriate tones, etc., but I'm pretty much stuck with the first 22 channels and RPT1 - 8, and just 1 set of each.  I'd like to duplicate some frequencies for different areas and remove the ones I don't need.  

It's a bit more frustrating than their older UV-5's that let you bounce all over wherever you wanted and program 10 channels with different tones and  the same freq for every city you pass thru on a drive.

• 2 months later...
On 11/28/2023 at 4:27 PM, WRXV417 said:

I'd like to "somewhat" unlock mine as well.  I'm using the Radiodity GM-30 software (the only one that works as of now) and I can program tones and such, but all of the other memories are pretty much locked.  The DIY memories can be renamed, but the TX/RX frequencies can't be changed.  You can add some RX only frequencies into memory, but no TX that's not already programmed.  I'd like to program in some repeaters local to where I travel along with appropriate tones, etc., but I'm pretty much stuck with the first 22 channels and RPT1 - 8, and just 1 set of each.  I'd like to duplicate some frequencies for different areas and remove the ones I don't need.  

It's a bit more frustrating than their older UV-5's that let you bounce all over wherever you wanted and program 10 channels with different tones and  the same freq for every city you pass thru on a drive.

This is actually why I got a Tidradio H8 GMRS. It's an unlockable radio but that's just a side benefit for SHTF. The main reason I bought it is for the flexibility with the memory channels. I really like my GM-15 Pros but the limited memory options is a let down, then again they only cost $25 a piece so we can't be too upset.