KG-1000G Plus Coversation Starter - Chirp Profiles and Unlock on other Bands?

WRYR550

First post here so roast me as you will. Looking for a group of know it alls on the KG-1000G plus. Being a newb, I have hacked everthing I've ever owned and I want to unlock this radio. Have any of you done it? Do you have a Chirp profile? What software are you using? Why isn't there more content out there on this radio yet!?! lol. 

IMG_2295.JPG

3 hours ago, RayP said:

Lemme know if you get it to encode on the scrambler feature!

😉

Sorry, the only Wouxun product that I have purchased, a tri-band Ham Radio HT, I sold on eBay after I could not find a MARS/CAPS modification. I have never attempted to use any scrambler feature on any of my radios, as I view that as a violation of the FCC rules that will be taken very seriously by their staff.

5 hours ago, WRYS709 said:

Sorry, the only Wouxun product that I have purchased, a tri-band Ham Radio HT, I sold on eBay after I could not find a MARS/CAPS modification. I have never attempted to use any scrambler feature on any of my radios, as I view that as a violation of the FCC rules that will be taken very seriously by their staff.

I realize the FCC does not condone scramblers on ham or GMRS.  That said, I wish there were a hack to activate scrambler encoding, along with the decode feature some Wouxuns have, in case things deteriorate to a WROL situation.  No, the voice inversion scrambling would not give you total privacy, but it would eliminate around 70% of a potential listening audience from hearing your group's transmissions.

10 minutes ago, RayP said:

I realize the FCC does not condone scramblers on ham or GMRS.  That said, I wish there were a hack to activate scrambler encoding, along with the decode feature some Wouxuns have, in case things deteriorate to a WROL situation.  No, the voice inversion scrambling would not give you total privacy, but it would eliminate around 70% of a potential listening audience from hearing your group's transmissions.

Your group should invest in radios on a service that allows encryption. 

16 minutes ago, Borage257 said:

It was approved by the FCC for data transmissions. The data mode isn’t voice so that scrambling doesn’t apply. 

https://www.radioworld.com/news-and-business/examining-the-gotenna-communications-device

Ah, I see. You were proposing it as an alternative to the aforementioned voice scrambling. 👍

• 4 months later...

I wish I could say I have obtained the source code or that I've given this 100 hours but I haven't. I have found out that if you hold in #1 on the hand mic when you cycle the power it does take you to a differenct menu. I'm hoping one of you all is a lot smarter than me and can take that and play around with it and see what you find.

I do believe the KG1000G is the same radio as the KG-UV980P. What I do not know is if the UV980 firmware will work on the KG1000G. I would hate to see anyone brick their radio though.

Even the Wouxun amateur band radios seem to be more difficult to unlock and I too have not found a way to unlock the KG1000G.

The TYT TH-7800 and TH9800 are simple to unlock using the TYT programming software. Not that I would tell or suggest anyone do that. 😉

• 3 months later...

The KG-Q10H is the only Wouxun radio that I have found that is easy to unlock. I think there might be sources for programs from Europe for unlocking Wouxun radios, but I haven't messed with any.

18 hours ago, WRYZ926 said:

The KG-Q10H is the only Wouxun radio that I have found that is easy to unlock. I think there might be sources for programs from Europe for unlocking Wouxun radios, but I haven't messed with any.

I think I've seen on the interwebs that the KG-UV9PX can be expanded. 

The KG-UV9PX very well could be capable of being unlocked. From what I could find, and as @OffRoaderX said, the Wouxun GMRS certified radios are locked down in the firmware.

I also haven't found any easy way to unlock/modify any of the Wouxun amateur band mobile radios either. I was surprised on how easy it is to unlock the KG-Q10H hand held and how quickly that information came out.

Last year, I bought a KG-UV3X PRO for my RDF cache of equipment and it was factory locked down so it can't be programmed for GMRS freqs.  The manual referenced that the radio can be unlocked but you had to consult with the dealer to unlock it.  The dealer did not have a clue what I was talking about and I couldn't find anyone else that knew anything about this radio.  After playing with the radio for a few minutes and trying different things pushing the buttons on the radio and with the software the radio somehow unlocked and I don't know what I did to unlock it.  I guess I had to use the ol' PFM know-how in order to make it happen whatever that was.