This Is Why I Hate Fedex!!

tcp2525

On 11/21/2023 at 12:15 PM, WRXD372 said:

Right: Nobody is in the business of losing money!

FedEx not delivering today as the truck is not full is a "direct" consequence of "free shipping with any order of $49 or more ..." schemes. 

What does that have to do with my $2500 shipment that the shipper paid $105 for Next Day delivery taking a week waiting for a full truck? 

3 hours ago, AdmiralCochrane said:

What does that have to do with my $2500 shipment that the shipper paid $105 for Next Day delivery taking a week waiting for a full truck? 

Maybe the pressure on FedEx to keep fees low for the magnitude of shipments sent "for free" is forcing FedEx to cut corners on their premium services ?!?

I don't have a problem with UPS or Fed Ex, my problem happens when my order gets, tranfered to the local PO. They have got to be the laziest worker known to mankind. It showed up twice a day as received, at the PO and out for delivery for two days in a row, Next day package never made it. Contacted the Greenvill Post master and told my story of lost for a week and it was delivered that night s 9:45 PM. Union workers that don't give a crap,My last package was showing late for two weeks, gave up on the Easley post master, called the Greenville PM and my package was delivered at 9 PM that night.

I feel your pain!  All three (FedEx, USPS, and UPS) can be pretty terrible in my area.  FedEx, the worst, is bad about promising delivery in a two or so hour window, early in the day.  As the day wears on, the window gets moved later and later in the day.  One day, I had canceled all appointments to wait at home for an "adult signature required" (firearm) item to return from the factory, where it had been for repairs.  I left a note on my door to allow me time to get there and to knock and ring repeatedly.  About 1:30PM, I checked the tracking info and it said "recipient not home", "ticket left on door".  My doorbell never rang and there was no knock.  Also, no ticket was on my door.  I made multiple calls to FedEx and was generally told "tough" and they would bring it tomorrow.  It seems to be a game with their drivers to avoid delivering packages in any way they can today.  I guess it never occurs to them that they will eventually have to deliver it.  

Last year this time, FedEx mis-delivered 1,000 rds of .22LR (Mini-Mags) to someone else's house.  The picture (proof of delivery) they took was not my porch.  I walked my whole neighborhood and never saw a porch that looked like the one in the pic.  Thankfully, the place I bought them from made it right.

On 11/20/2023 at 6:43 PM, WRQC527 said:

UPS, FedEx, DHL, USPS and others deliver tens of thousands of packages a day. The vast majority are delivered without incident. But if they mess up one time for one person, that one person hates them for life and says they are the worst carrier ever. I find that odd.

For many of us, it is not "just one time".  It is a pattern of many, many, times, in many different ways.  I understand that mistakes will happen in any endeavor where you have a high volume of traffic, such as dispatching, delivery, etc.  When these mistakes become the rule rather than the exception, "mission control we have a problem".

Amazon is by far the worst. In my rural area their delivery is new and alot of it still goes thru UPS/FedEX/USPS, but for some stuff they do deliver directly, they've hired "local contractors" (basically anyone with a car). So you get a meth head with missing teeth showing up in flip flops and a torn shirt and jean shorts, in their personal rusted out 1990 Ford Econoline van with bald tires  all with no markings, visible id badges, labels, signs, nothing,  delivering your package and scoping out your house for later thefts. Zero vetting going on there whatsoever. I've rarely ever ordered from them because you have no shipping choices, but my wife did, until they started sending these meth heads to our house.

4 hours ago, 73blazer said:

Amazon is by far the worst. In my rural area their delivery is new and alot of it still goes thru UPS/FedEX/USPS, but for some stuff they do deliver directly, they've hired "local contractors" (basically anyone with a car). So you get a meth head with missing teeth showing up in flip flops and a torn shirt and jean shorts, in their personal rusted out 1990 Ford Econoline van with bald tires  all with no markings, visible id badges, labels, signs, nothing,  delivering your package and scoping out your house for later thefts. Zero vetting going on there whatsoever. I've rarely ever ordered from them because you have no shipping choices, but my wife did, until they started sending these meth heads to our house.

This sounded super familiar as that's how it was where I'm at until about 2 years ago, then I looked at your location lol. Though for me it was a rusted out rotten windstar instead of an Econoline.