What Gives? Why Is The CA-712EFC Perpetually Out Of Stock?

tcp2525

55 minutes ago, wayoverthere said:

I did see that, but classified this clown as a gouger. The site didn't say out of stock, but I'm sure they have many at $189.95. I would hope they are offering free shipping and a tube of K-Y Jelly since everyone else that had them, and hopefully will be getting them soon, are asking $139.

2 hours ago, WRXP381 said:

Yup. I have had my 712efc for a while and needed another for a new set up.  Finally got a 9nc couldn’t wait any more.  It’s an even bigger improvement.   I am now sending out over 700w radiated power. And swr 1.4 at 467 and 1.2 at 462

That might be an decent option. Did you get the GP-9NC or GP-9NCA? I'm really not that interested in VHF as it going to be solely for GMRS, but it would be nice to have that option should my needs change in the future.

2 hours ago, tcp2525 said:

I did see that, but classified this clown as a gouger. The site didn't say out of stock, but I'm sure they have many at $189.95. I would hope they are offering free shipping and a tube of K-Y Jelly since everyone else that had them, and hopefully will be getting them soon, are asking $139.

Fair point. They've been pretty in-line (or even a little less) on prices of of other things I've picked up, so I didn't look into what the going price is on the 712efc, just looked for in stock.

2 hours ago, wayoverthere said:

Fair point. They've been pretty in-line (or even a little less) on prices of of other things I've picked up, so I didn't look into what the going price is on the 712efc, just looked for in stock.

Thanks for looking and giving me the tip, I really appreciate it. I always compare prices prior to pulling the trigger. I have a total dislike for companies that go way above and beyond fair market price and avoid them. I'm in no real hurry and will snag one eventually. It's strange they have been out of stock for so long. I almost am starting to think they might be discontinuing this model. If I have time tomorrow I will call Comet and get an answer from them.

3 minutes ago, tcp2525 said:

Thanks for looking and giving me the tip, I really appreciate it. I always compare prices prior to pulling the trigger. I have a total dislike for companies that go way above and beyond fair market price and avoid them. I'm in no real hurry and will snag one eventually. It's strange they have been out of stock for so long. I almost am starting to think they might be discontinuing this model. If I have time tomorrow I will call Comet and get an answer from them.

DXEngineering claims they should ship on the 16th of September. I would just order it rather than letting others get in the queue ahead of you.

16 minutes ago, SteveShannon said:

DXEngineering claims they should ship on the 16th of September. I would just order it rather than letting others get in the queue ahead of you.

Thanks. I did see that option and always use DX Engineering and HRO for my major purchases. If I get a reasonable and accurate answer from Comet that it's going to be a minor delay and they will be shipping to vendors soon, I will do as you say. I don't want to be on a list only to find out the antenna is discontinued. I'm sure DX would already know the status and wouldn't list it on their site if that were the case.

39 minutes ago, SteveShannon said:

DXE has been saying that for 6months or so.  That’s the current issue.  You may give them your money only to be put off another 6months.  If you have the money and time to wait great but for others that need an antenna now and don’t have the money to sit any where from 2 weeks to 6 months alternatives can be found. 

1 hour ago, WRXP381 said:

DXE has been saying that for 6months or so.  That’s the current issue.  You may give them your money only to be put off another 6months.  If you have the money and time to wait great but for others that need an antenna now and don’t have the money to sit any where from 2 weeks to 6 months alternatives can be found. 

OUCH! I didn't think DXE would do that. That was my concern.

Just got off the phone with NCG and they said that they are waiting for the delivery to reach the port and claim that they will have them for distribution in a week or two. Of course, they will need to be shipped to the many vendors. Is it real, or just smoke and mirrors? I'm added to the DXE que so we shall see. A sliver of hope is better than no hope.