Which antenna, Nagoya NA-771, Nagoya NA-701C, or something else?

Bkreb

Question

I currently have a couple of BTech GMRS-V1s. I bought them for emergencies but sometimes use them on trips and outings. I'd like to increase the reception and range a little so I'm guessing a better antenna will help somewhat. BaoFeng recomends the Nagoya NA-701C for the GMRS-V1, but I would think the Nagoya NA-771 would be better overall because it's almost twice as long. The specs for each are almost the same, but I'm not really a tech guy, so comparing the numbers doesn't help me. Any thoughts? Any other antennas I should look at? Thanks. 

14 minutes ago, lougasp61 said:

I know that this is an old thread but I have to ask why so many are posting that the Nagoya 701c is GMRS tuned when in fact the specs say that it is tuned to 455 MHZ (not 465 MHZ) on UHF?

at the time the thread was started, the 701C was the better option for GMRS (being tuned for 455mhz) compared to the normal Nagoya 701 or 771 which are tuned for 430mhz.  The 701g & 771g are a step better for GMRS, but they didn't come onto the market until mid 2020.

https://www.buytwowayradios.com/blog/2020/07/new-gmrs-antennas-from-nagoya-are-now-available.html