New model Baofeng appears to be a great improvement

jc1240

On 12/18/2021 at 2:48 PM, MichaelLAX said:

I wonder what frequency their Baofengs were programmed to on January 6th?

My guess: FRS or MURS; but I pick MURS with better VHS propagation!

On 12/18/2021 at 9:43 PM, gman1971 said:

I think I prefer BetaMAX propagation... but that's just me...

Oh My Gosh: a pun on a typo! About a polarizing subject!! In a thread about Baofengs spurious emissions?!?

2 hours ago, MichaelLAX said:

Where did you read those articles?

Just curious because if you are doing the activities that are alleged by the  Department of Justice in their indictment against the 11 individuals to commit seditious conspiracy charges, it is unlikely that trying to impress others with your radio gear is a high priority.

According to a Department of Justice Press Released, linked to by FOX News,, such other activities included:

• At approximately 2:30 p.m., as detailed in the indictment, Hackett, Harrelson, Meggs, Moerschel and Watkins, and other Oath Keepers and affiliates – many wearing paramilitary clothing and patches with the Oath Keepers name, logo, and insignia – marched in a “stack” formation up the east steps of the Capitol, joined a mob, and made their way into the Capitol. Later, another group of Oath Keepers and associates, including James, Minuta, and Ulrich, formed a second “stack” and breached the Capitol grounds, marching from the west side to the east side of the Capitol building and up the east stairs and into the building.

• While certain Oath Keepers members and affiliates breached the Capitol grounds and building, others remained stationed just outside of the city in quick reaction force (QRF) teams. According to the indictment, the QRF teams were prepared to rapidly transport firearms and other weapons into Washington, D.C., in support of operations aimed at using force to stop the lawful transfer of presidential power. The indictment alleges that the teams were coordinated, in part, by Caldwell and Vallejo.

I just don't see how they would be concerned about how their Baofengs looked as "window dressing."

Do these articles authors have any professional legitimacy or is it just the usual internet banter?

These GMRS forums is NOT the place to discuss your politics. If you want to do that take it elsewhere.

45 minutes ago, Lscott said:

These GMRS forums is NOT the place to discuss your politics. If you want to do that take it elsewhere.

With all due respect I was quoting and responding to YOUR post about articles indicating the Baofengs were window dressing; and

It’s not politics to talk about the use of Baofengs during the commission of a crime!; which is exactly what YOU were doing!

On 1/14/2022 at 7:17 PM, Lscott said:

CCR’s have their place. But I wouldn’t recommend one if you’re depending on it to save your life.

Articles I’ve read the people in the photos likely got the radios more for appearances. It’s part of the “costume” to impress people along with the military type fatigues. Any of them that truly thought they were reliable never tested a sample, bounce one off the cement a few times and get it soaked with rain water, see if it still works. I dropped my BTECH tri-band HT on the floor from a high top table at Twin Peaks just once. The speaker got buggered up. Those cheap radios are fragile.

Remember now?

Where can I find those articles you read?

7 minutes ago, gman1971 said:

I am curious, what makes you believe you hurt my feelings?

I either did or I didn’t: either way I would not want you to be sad wondering who cares about your feelings, as I quoted you when I made that statement. 

If I didn’t all the better ?

9 minutes ago, MichaelLAX said:

I either did or I didn’t: either way I would not want you to be sad wondering who cares about your feelings, as I quoted you when I made that statement. 

If I didn’t all the better

Dude, you really are a legend on your own mind...

When people hint you to stop posting politically related pictures or posts, you get in their faces and just double down on it... what are you trying to prove?

G.

50 minutes ago, MichaelLAX said:

You need a good nights sleep! 
Ciao!

Uuuh... getting snarky now... let me repeat this for you: You REALLY are a legend on your own mind if you think that you can tell me what I need. After the last several post of yours I wouldn't touch anything coming from you with a ten foot pole... and I am sorry to disappoint you, but I don't need any sleep ATM, I can do this all night long. Lets go, lets see if we can get the thread locked... by posting more  of that nonsense of yours; hmm, lets see if you can find someone's quote and twist it real good, lets see if that much twisting is enough to prove that the USA never landed on the Moon, or better yet... the Earth is flat!! yeah, did you know the Earth could actually be flat? Because I've read in a bunch of articles, all written by very reputable sources, you know, experts in the matter, they claim the Earth could indeed be flat.

G.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2021 at 11:49 AM, MichaelLAX said:

Well that's too bad that you feel that way because $27 radios can be a "gateway drug" into the wonders of radio transmission, and in my anecdotal experience here in Southern California, they are!

Then people see the advantages of a more quality and hence more expensive radio and by that time have the knowledge to know what to buy next! ?

No, but it is clear that YOU are dying to tell us what it means to YOU; so please end our suspense! ?

CCRs were in fact my gateway drug into advanced radioing.