GMRS Repeater Jammer Busted By The FCC In Steelton, PA Does Not Want Anyone To Know Who He Is

OffRoaderX

Recently a big GMRS youtuber posted a video about the repeater-jammer, callsign WRTD259 in Steelton PA that got busted by the FCC for jamming a repeater.  In that video the youtuber reads the public FCC violation notice and displays the FCC public notice of violation on the screen - you can see the full, public complaint against WRTD259 here:  https://www.fcc.gov/document/jonathan-gutierrez-licensee-station-wrtd259-steelton-pa

Now SOMEONE has filed a notice of privacy-violation against that video, demanding that all personal information about the jammer be removed from the video.. Of course, there is no way to know exactly who filed the notice.. 

But if we were to guess who filed the notice, hypothetically, it would seem funny that a jammer would demand everyones attention while jamming, but does not want any attention after he gets caught.

28 minutes ago, OffRoaderX said:

Recently a big GMRS youtuber posted a video about the repeater-jammer, callsign WRTD259 in Steelton PA that got busted by the FCC for jamming a repeater.  In that video the youtuber reads the public FCC violation notice and displays the FCC public notice of violation on the screen - you can see the full, public complaint against WRTD259 here:  https://www.fcc.gov/document/jonathan-gutierrez-licensee-station-wrtd259-steelton-pa

Now SOMEONE has filed a notice of privacy-violation against that video, demanding that all personal information about the jammer be removed from the video.. Of course, there is no way to know exactly who filed the notice.. 

But if we were to guess who filed the notice, hypothetically, it would seem funny that a jammer would demand everyones attention while jamming, but does not want any attention after he gets caught.

Stupid is as stupid does. Hopefully YouTube will tell him to STFU. 

1 hour ago, WRXB215 said:

This is a strange world we live in seeing how the information is not private in the first place.

People learn from mistakes. Smart people learn by hearing about other’s mistakes. Regulatory non-compliance is publicized so that others are aware of the rules and consequences. 

5 hours ago, marcspaz said:

I'm sure you let the moderators know that it's public knowledge and publicly available information from the US federal government.  Did they respond at all, beyond a boot on the neck?

Dealing with the Youtube overlord-bots is a PITA..  Its easier and less hassle to just spend 15 minutes re-editing the video, re-upload it, and get 2X as many views and get paid 2X as much, in addition to the payout from the first video.

• OffRoaderX changed the title to GMRS Repeater Jammer Busted By The FCC In Steelton, PA Does Not Want Anyone To Know Who He Is
10 hours ago, OffRoaderX said:

I saw that coming…….    I have a feeling more will come out on this one……. Obviously the guy has retained attorney(s)….hmmm

I have nothing to hide

im still not cool with his video but

I got into radio cause I always loved electronics

Somewhere along the way I heard things that made me angry I felt bullied and I took out my frustrations on the radio

I owned up to my mistakes and have apologized to the community. I will never stop loving electronics and will never let this happen again.

Hope to some day be on the air again.

YouTube won't allow public information to be transmitted if it could be used to identify an individual.  Google has been brought into court as part of various doxing charges between 2 people and changed its rules about that years ago to help it avoid those costs.

46 minutes ago, 73blazer said:

They cited him among the main offenses, for use of a non-certified GMRS radio on GMRS frequencies. That, is very interesting. How'd they know that?

They inspected and probably seized all his equipment when they gained access to his operating site.

16 minutes ago, BoxCar said:

They inspected and probably seized all his equipment when they gained access to his operating site.

The notice doesn't say that though and they're usually pretty specific and accurate about their actions and words. It says they just monitored the transmissions

in response to a complaint of intentional interference to the 462.625 MHz repeater in
Mt. Holly, Pennsylvania, agents of the Enforcement Bureau’s Columbia Office monitored the
transmissions from station
WRTD259 on the frequency 467.625 MHz and observed the following
violations

26 minutes ago, 73blazer said:

The notice doesn't say that though and they're usually pretty specific and accurate about their actions and words. It says they just monitored the transmissions

Then perhaps something about the RF transmissions was non-compliant, such as bandwidth, or perhaps the violator said he was using a specific radio.

8 hours ago, 73blazer said:

Maybe, those radio transmissions are secretly 'micro stamped' so that the FCC knows what radio you are using ... 😵‍💫

1 hour ago, WRXD372 said:

tamped' so that the FCC knows what radio you are using

Each radio has its own RF signature due to inconsistency in manufacturing and assembly of components. Has something to do with how quickly and cleanly a radio comes up to selected frequency. Interesting and DEEP in the weeds.

Apparently you can use a sdr dongle and some plugins to explore this concept.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_fingerprinting

https://www.winlab.rutgers.edu/~gruteser/papers/brik_paradis.pdf

https://www.rtl-sdr.com/using-an-rtl-sdr-rf-fingerprinting-and-deep-learning-to-authenticate-rf-devices/