Midland MXT275 DPL question

WRZK298

Question

9 answers to this question

28 minutes ago, WRZK298 said:

Hello, I'd like to tune into a local repeater with my Midland MXT275. 

OT 073 DPL
IT 073 DPL

I have my Midland settings at:|

Pr: On

Channel: 18

tC: 13 (dC)
rC: 13 (dC)
From what I can tell this corresponds to the Frequency and tones as listed on myGMRS.com
Am I doing it right?
Thanks in advance for the help
WRZK298

Mostly.  It must be on channel 18rp, not just channel 18.

But it looks like you have the right DCS codes according to the manual.  One thing about DCS codes and CTCSS tones is that you can leave your receive one empty and you’ll receive everything on that frequency.  That’s helpful sometimes because you can tell if there’s traffic on the channel.

On 12/11/2023 at 10:09 AM, StogieVol said:

I am looking at a radio for my Jeep. Midlands is for sure in the mix I just want more programable channels.  

As the owner of 4 Midland mobiles right now (3 MXT275 - 1 MXT575) I admit I had some hesitation with trying to program them on the fly - which isn't easy because they use their own metrics and it's just confusing. 

That said - if you can stop and watch what you're doing and have that chart with you to make the changes, I guess one could get along that way. I tend to use my own repeater and just stick with it and the TX/RX CTCSS tones on everything. 

HTH - Joe - WRQJ422

If I understand this correctly the issue is that you have several repeaters that you use and many are on the same frequency/channel but different PLL (CTCSS/DPL) codes.

I carry with me a list of the repeaters I plan to encounter on my trips with their individual information. Best I can come up with using the Midland radios.  But it doesn't help much as many of these repeaters are near busy cities and I am too busy driving at that those times as well.

7 hours ago, Surfer59840 said:

As the owner of 4 Midland mobiles right now (3 MXT275 - 1 MXT575) I admit I had some hesitation with trying to program them on the fly - which isn't easy because they use their own metrics and it's just confusing. 

That said - if you can stop and watch what you're doing and have that chart with you to make the changes, I guess one could get along that way. I tend to use my own repeater and just stick with it and the TX/RX CTCSS tones on everything. 

HTH - Joe - WRQJ422

Thank you for the reply. I like the Midlands and quality of the product. But I am leaning towards Wouxun for their quality and the ability to have so many repeaters already put into the radio. I could pre set up long trips with all the repeaters I want. 

How well does the 275 get out? Because I am between the 20W and 50W on my decision.