Repeater Section?

What exactly would be the purpose of a repeater forum?  Would it be limited to people who have repeaters? Would it exist solely to answer questions about repeater configuration or would it become a catch all for every question someone has about using repeaters?

Probably half of the posts in MyGMRS have something to do with repeaters. If they all end up in the one forum, I’m not sure what the effect would be. It would be different if there had been a repeater forum from the beginning but there wasn’t. 
Im not against it; I just don’t understand how it would work. 

1 hour ago, Sshannon said:

Would it exist solely to answer questions about repeater configuration

I think that would be a good idea. There are questions across all the different forums here about repeater use, configuration, coverage, access issues, etc, but I think a separate repeater section sort of devoted to folks with repeaters in service, or those wanting to set them up, might pull a lot of the technical conversations into one place. It's one thing to ask about how to configure a radio to access a repeater, but quite another to talk about the technical aspects of setting up, configuring and maintaining a repeater. That's much higher-level stuff. I've seen topics get buried in forums because maybe they're started in the wrong forum, or no one even knows to look for them.

I can see a lot of positives for a repeater section, but as it's been said, this ain't my zoo.

I agree there should be a little more organization and breaking up mobiles, portables and repeaters is a good idea, but lets face it this forum is a free for all anyway. Most threads start on one topic and quickly vear off topic or get reopened years down the road. So just enjoy whats here or go to another forum thats more technical.

On 5/18/2024 at 3:22 AM, WSCU465 said:

Hello Everyone,

Quick question for the site moderators...

I've noticed in most sections, there's a question regarding hardware, software or technical question about repeaters.  Shouldn't it have its own section or category?

Maybe a "Sticky"?