Opinion on BTech GMRS Pro

WRUC518

I have two of these radios and so far I like them. One thing I have found to be annoying is that they don't seem to charge if I'm using a fast charging brick. I'm guessing this is some kind of limitation with the type c port on the batteries. Most of my chargers these days are some form of fast charging, so I have to search for an older brick to make sure I'm not using a fast charger. Sorry if this has been covered already.

I returned mine.

They charge using USB-A to USB-C. I couldn’t get C-to-C to work either.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Doug625 said:

I just received my GMRS Pro yesterday, I'm having issues initializing the GPS and getting the compass to calibrate, it sat for an hour trying to retrieve GPS information.   Any help would be appreciated. 

Were you outside with clear skies? Many GPS signals tend to be too weak indoors. (By design, GPS is a spread spectrum signal just above the noise floor at the frequency used).

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2022 at 6:53 PM, OffRoaderX said:

Its a nifty little radio, but unless everyone else in your party also has one, most of that nifty'ness doesnt matter.

As for basic use and fars, it's pretty much the same as any other radio.

Have any of your friends adopted using a GMRS Pro since this post? 

• 5 months later...

I know this is an old thread but…

I have two of these and the guys in my hunting group are willing to get them as well. My initial tests for Rx/Tx went pretty well…same as the KG-905G.  I really like the Bluetooth and texting, helps stay quiet when hunting wabbits. 
I cannot get it to show ID and Location on transmit/receive.  Not sure what I am doing wrong?  Any thoughts?

After much going around and around on this radio I used the refund from the Wouxun KG-UV9D Plus to pick one up. I still need to pair it with the app that I have on my phone. Seems like you could get an Android Tablet with Bluetooth and use it so you'd have a larger screen to work with.  Can't wait to actually give my radio a try. It's so intimidating with all the extra functions and stuff, LOL.

P.S.

One BIG NEGATIVE with this radio is the lack of the "Roger Beep" feature.  Also I tried to program some 460.xxxMHz channels, Rx only and they didn't work. May try again tomorrow since it's suppose to Rx 136-174MHz and 400-520MHz.