Found this image online, thought it was interesting.

i read a story awhile back on X where the Ukraine Military's choice tactical radio was the Baofeng Hand radio..  And there was all kinds of conspiracy pings suggesting the Baofeng's were being remotely turned off.   Several pictures posted showing the Ukraine army guys with Baofengs on their hips.   

Good luck finding 7.62x39mm ammo for the AK. Since the import ban on Russian ammo we've gotten very little in stock and what we did get is Winchester at $18/20 rounds. AK's and SKS's use to be a good way to go but today you're much better off with an AR in 5.56mm.

39 minutes ago, back4more70 said:

It cracks me up how the militia guys will spend $$$ on guns, ammo, and preserved food, but they cheap out on radios (that they probably aren't even licensed for).

Probably because after blowing all their $$$ on guns, ammo, and preserved food, they only have $20 left for a radio. 😆

27 minutes ago, WSAA635 said:

Good luck finding 7.62x39mm ammo for the AK. Since the import ban on Russian ammo we've gotten very little in stock and what we did get is Winchester at $18/20 rounds. AK's and SKS's use to be a good way to go but today you're much better off with an AR in 5.56mm.

I remember when I could get a 20rd box of the chinese semi corrosive primer stuff for my SK for $1.99...

Any radio is a good radio if its all you have, but the longevity / durability of the UV-5R on his kit will probably be next to Nil over a short "combat engagement" time frame.

3 minutes ago, WSAA635 said:

We use to get Norinco SKS rifles new for $79 and a 1440 round case of 7.62x39mm on stripper clips for $79. Those days are long gone.

And they still had the scary bayonet lug on them!

As someone who lives in California,

I do not dare to dream of

ever being allowed to own one of those ...

4 hours ago, WRQC527 said:

[...] high-capacity antenna [s, ...]

So Cool !!!

😇 😇 😇

3 hours ago, WSAA635 said:

We use to get Norinco SKS rifles new for $79 and a 1440 round case of 7.62x39mm on stripper clips for $79. Those days are long gone.

My last SKS was taken from me at a Club Shooting range back in 1995..  The gun fired full auto on its own..  Fired off 4 rounds in one trigger pull.  Range master had the club gun dealer inspect the rifle,  whole trigger mechanism was defective was going to cost me $130 to fix.. I gave the rifle up.  

3 hours ago, WSAA635 said:

You can get 7.62x39 from Ammo Supply Wharehose in Pahrump NV for reasonable price  

I'm sorry to be the fall out guy. I'm here to learn about GMRS, and perhaps someday, contribute to GMRS or GMRS related hooligans.

Clearly, this thread has taken a turn AWAY from GMRS. . . . just sayin.

No offense intended.

11 hours ago, WRZK593 said:

I'm sorry to be the fall out guy. I'm here to learn about GMRS, and perhaps someday, contribute to GMRS or GMRS related hooligans.

No offense intended.

To be honest, I posted the image under "general discussion" because it wasn't specifically GMRS-related, but it had, among other things, radio content. I knew it would wander all over the forum map.

1 hour ago, WRQC527 said:

To be honest, I posted the image under "general discussion" because it wasn't specifically GMRS-related, but it had, among other things, radio content. I knew it would wander all over the forum map.

This same picture was posted in the forum a year or two back. Don't sweat it, we're all trapped in an infinite loop of off topic crap.

Baofengs are very commonly in use, even among some nation-state millitaries.  You might think i'm being silly, but that's 100% real. Russian Federation units were pictured with them in the early days of the invasion as well. It's why they lost so many generals on the battlefield. Ukraine (U.S.) sigint was just listening along the whole way..

On 4/14/2024 at 2:17 AM, WRZK593 said:

No offense intended.

You are free to skip threads you do not find particularly interesting or beneficial.

No offense intended.

On 4/14/2024 at 12:17 AM, WRZK593 said:

No offense intended.

You’re not wrong in saying so and this thread is barely if at all clearing the trees from the Mygmrs rules number 7 found here. Also no offense intended.