Welcome!

rdunajewski

New to the site and forum. Glad to be able to tap into the loads of info here. I want to be able to use GMRS on my wouxan UV pro. Hoping to get some tones for the local repeaters here in TX  been waiting on an approval for the tones . Does anyone know how long it takes to get approved?

1 hour ago, WRXI489 said:

New to the site and forum.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get approved?

Welcome to the party !!!

Jumping right in ... the timeframe for approval depends on a few parameters:

Repeaters are operated by regular "folks" and their reaction time depends on how much time they can spend on those eMails ... their jobs, their number of requests, their intention to that task, their vacation, their honey-do list, ... 

Welcome :) 

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, WRWH978 said:

Howdy to everybody, I've been a lurker on the forum for a few months now... great knowledge here, still learning much about GMRS and radio in general.

Welcome - as you made your way out of the shadows and into the light :)

11 hours ago, WRWH978 said:

Howdy to everybody, I've been a lurker on the forum for a few months now... great knowledge here, still learning much about GMRS and radio in general.

Matt to the site Matt 

Greetings and welcome as a member of the Mygmrs forum 👍😀

57 minutes ago, WRXT582 said:

Greetings from sunny south Florida! I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks - finally got my license and registered. Now all I need is a radio 😉

I'm looking forward to learning more!

John

Welcome.  Do your research before purchasing, it will save time and money in the long run.

7 hours ago, WRXT582 said:

... I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks ...

Lurking seems to be a thing lately 🤔

Welcome - as you made your way out of the shadows and into the light :)

Hello Everyone! I'm a newb, I signed up for an account but I get a message that my login is incorrect. Tried the usual stuff but I'm wondering if there is a process that I missed. 

My dad was a radio operator when he was in the Army, he passed his receiver down to me when I was little. I went to electronics tech school back in the 90's so I at least know a resistor from a capacitor. I also have some experience in a recording studio. My first priority with GMRS to be able to give and get reliable info to protect my family and help others. My priorities may change over time, but for now, I want to be able to learn as much as I can, hopefully, I can help someone along the way as I learn.

Thanks!

WRWP693

2 hours ago, WRWP693 said:

Hello Everyone! I'm a newb, I signed up for an account but I get a message that my login is incorrect. Tried the usual stuff but I'm wondering if there is a process that I missed. 

My dad was a radio operator when he was in the Army, he passed his receiver down to me when I was little. I went to electronics tech school back in the 90's so I at least know a resistor from a capacitor. I also have some experience in a recording studio. My first priority with GMRS to be able to give and get reliable info to protect my family and help others. My priorities may change over time, but for now, I want to be able to learn as much as I can, hopefully, I can help someone along the way as I learn.

Thanks!

WRWP693

I'm not sure how you could post this if your login is incorrect, but welcome.

I suspect that you're trying to get into the repeater database.  That's sometimes confusing because you have one login for the forums and another login for the rest of the site, so perhaps you did your forum login correctly (which is why you can post) but you haven't created one for the rest of the site.

Again, welcome!

5 hours ago, WRWP693 said:

I'm a newb, I signed up for an account

3 hours ago, Sshannon said:

[...] you did your forum login correctly (which is why you can post) [...]

Welcome to the party !!!

This is definitely the place to be for all kinds of answers to old questions and for new questions.

Always happy to see who comes through the door ... 😃

1 hour ago, WRXW830 said:

just received my license four days ago. WRXW830. Looking forward to learning Robert

Welcome to GMRS and to the forum !!!

You are joining a great group full of wisdom and humor 👍

17 minutes ago, WRXX896 said:

Newly licensed GMRS user here!  WRXX896, looking to learn and have some fun and it seems I've got a repeater near my area as well.  I've been into HAM radio for many years (KC0RJX) and I came to GMRS to include the rest of my family in on the fun of pushing the PTT button on radios  :)

Welcome to the FUN side of Radio !!!

Glad that you found an easy gateway to radio (and maybe ham) for your family.

3 hours ago, BoxCar said:

... let the spending begin!

@gaberelli don't listen to this -- there is no way the GMRS hobby triggers spending of any kind 🙄

Welcome to the hobby and the forum !!!

P.S. Have you considered a premium membership ... 😇