Terry sullivan

Kdcstks

Yeah,   If you take your mouse and hover over his name a box will pop up.  Bottom right is a button 'ignore'.  Just click that as many others have.

It's a pretty common practice.  He seems to be the self appointed court jester or something.  It seems he likes to keep his post count higher than anyone else around here by nitpicking every little thing he can find.  Other than that, he's a legend in his own mind with all things GMRS and even has a YouTube Channel to pass on his wicked smartness about hobby radio. 

Oh, and for some reason no one understands, and by his own admission, he is NOT a river in Italy that Romans can freely cross.  Never really understood that one.  But he openly states that in his YouTube persona.

Welcome to the board.

Ol' Randy's just trying to have a little fun. Bringing some much-needed levity and dare I say some common-sense knowledge and advice to the boards. Instead of posting six pages of FCC regulations and technical service bulletins for simple questions like how the PTT works or how many watts an HT can emit.

But this is what we've become. 

image.png.52e424f6ca95d5a798a0f2f8af6500b7.png

21 hours ago, Kdcstks said:

What a DICK

Sorry, I don't agree. He simply made a joke about the thread title. His joke was funny, and not offensive. Your response however, was, in calling someone a DICK. I clicked on the thread expecting it to be about someone other people on the forum might know, perhaps asking if anyone had heard from Terry, or maybe if anyone thought a product or service someone named Terry offered was worthwhile, or maybe letting people know Terry had passed away. Nope, just a post asking a question about a radio. Good question, bad thread title, which I am sure was not intentional on your part. 

Thread titles are used so people know what the thread is about. Calling someone a DICK for making a joke about a thread title that doesn't come close to describing what the thread was about is an emotional knee-jerk reaction. Maybe take a second to breathe and rethink. ONce again, I believe your mis-named thread was not intentional, but it did nothing to tell anyone what your thread was about, hence the joke. 

On 11/20/2023 at 5:51 AM, WRKC935 said:

Yeah,   If you take your mouse and hover over his name a box will pop up.  Bottom right is a button 'ignore'.  Just click that as many others have.

It's a pretty common practice.  He seems to be the self appointed court jester or something.  It seems he likes to keep his post count higher than anyone else around here by nitpicking every little thing he can find.  Other than that, he's a legend in his own mind with all things GMRS and even has a YouTube Channel to pass on his wicked smartness about hobby radio. 

Oh, and for some reason no one understands, and by his own admission, he is NOT a river in Italy that Romans can freely cross.  Never really understood that one.  But he openly states that in his YouTube persona.

Welcome to the board.

Thanks happy thanksgiving 

• 3 weeks later...