Jeeps & Radios

Just had my KG-1000 mounted in my 2019 JLUR, the mic sits on a 67 Design Nano CF arm with JeepUniq holder mounted to a 67 Design JL rail system, that rail system also has my Garmin Overland, Valentine Radar detector, GoPro camera and IPhone mounted on it. The control unit is mounted on a 67 Design CF Mini arm, that attaches to the passenger grab bar, the radio is mounted under the driver's seat. I also have a Lido Speaker Microphone Mount attached to the headliner so that the mic can be closer to me in loud environments. I am  trying three different antennas all of them on the roof rack using a metal plate, the rack is aluminum like most of the Jeep, to attach a Midland magnetic NMO mount, a Midland MicroMobile® MXTA25 for around town general use, and am favoring for long range use the Nagoya NL-770G with a NMO to UHF Female Low Profile Antenna Mount Wattmeter Adapter over the Wouxun ANO-050G, but still playing with each.

Kg-1000.jpg

Mic alt.jpg

Antenna.jpg

Thanks, even though I realize a lot of us buy jeeps to take the top and doors off, I am not a fan of the sun beating down on me, so the top is never coming off on mine, in fact I am getting a 270 awning tomorrow for the lunch stops in the desert.

Enjoy the open air.

26 minutes ago, Landshark said:

Thanks, even though I realize a lot of us buy jeeps to take the top and doors off, I am not a fan of the sun beating down on me, so the top is never coming off on mine, in fact I am getting a 270 awning tomorrow for the lunch stops in the desert.

Enjoy the open air.

I know what you are saying... I use PF 60 plus all the time... because I Jeep and bike and wear long sleeves and a hat...  I am my dermatologist best customer.  So I do use a sun screen on my Jeep but does not stop crime  Happy for you and how you made your rig look.. 

Daystar sells this little console. 
Also sell a TYT TH-8600 as a GMRS, not sure its a legal conversion, mine is Ham, dual band. 
I didn't wire anything to the switches, as I don't have any extra anything to wire up. 
Don't even have fog lights. 
The TH-8600 was my choice because its advertised at IP68 waterproof, and I spend all summer in Bikini top so I do get wet on our random thunderstorms. 
Antenna sits on a bracket I made attached to the third brake light, Tram dual band. It has a flat SWR on 2m, Murs, 70cm and GMRS. 

radioJK.jpg

IMG_20200910_181858041_BURST000_COVER.jpg

IMG_20200827_154159990.jpg